Steven Universe Links Being Taken Down

swedish_drems

Steven Universe Links Have (And probably still will be) Been Taken Down

https://telegram.me/joinchat/C_2lEkFYervPBN0FTJIICQ

Mega links or not, Recently Steven Universe links are being taken down by someone(s). Now I know there is no possible way to create a 100% fool proof plan to this, but I'm willing to try. I have created a public telegram(A great messaging service!) chat, where people can post their SU Mega/Other file sharing site links.Then if they're taken down off here (or elsewhere) we can post a replacement! I know it's not the best plan but it's the best I can come up with currently :D

Info About Telegram

t_logo.png

Telegram is a free adless and heavily encrypted messaging service. (according to my personal experience and their official website telegram.org) It is both Win/Mac/Linux/iOS/Android/WP clients and a Web App. It requires a phone number to sign up for, however it is not publicly shown or used for anything other than logging in. It allows for the creation of bots, which can be coded using virtually any coding language. (sorry if that's not what they're called, I'm no expert :P) The deletion and editing of already sent messages, private chats that self destruct, channels, group chats, stickers, in-app media player(Keep is simple) and so much more.

I Can't Open the Link

This is actually quite an easy fix. If you sign in on the web app, then click the link it will open there! You can then easily open up the client and continue to talk normally there. If you'd rather not sign in on your browser, you can click the link on your phone and it should open the app (assuming you have it installed).

Do I Have to use a Phone Number?

Yes, it doesn't have to be yours, you just need to have it long enough to receive a code from a message. Pretty sure you can't have 2 accounts with 1 phone, as you use the phone number as your login.

Edited by swedish_drems
Post was kinda irrelevant, maybe it can be of some use now :D
  • Like 1

My browser (SeaMonkey 2.40... based on Firefox 43) won't connect to your link

Unknown Protocol

tg is not a registered protocol or is not allowed in this context

It also doesn't work in Internet Explorer 11

Does telegram require a plugin or something?

Edited by Bal60

3 hours ago, Bal60 said:

My browser (SeaMonkey 2.40... based on Firefox 43) won't connect to your link

Unknown Protocol

tg is not a registered protocol or is not allowed in this context

It also doesn't work in Internet Explorer 11

Does telegram require a plugin or something?

Telegram is an application! Sorry, should've been more clear. It has Windows, Mac, ios, Android clients, and Linux... You can find it if you go to the official telegram website https://www.telegram.org/

The link I posted should open up a page redirecting you to the telegram app, it works in chrome, not sure that it would in ie or anything else

Edited by swedish_drems

20 hours ago, swedish_drems said:

Assuming that the person(s) taking down these links is dedicated enough, they will not be able to resist this opportunity.

Well they probably will be able to, now that you've posted your plan on the site where you know they can see it xDxD Maybe you should have kept this plan to yourself... then it may actually work?

4 minutes ago, DawnShadow. said:

Well they probably will be able to, now that you've posted your plan on the site where you know they can see it xDxD Maybe you should have kept this plan to yourself... then it may actually work?

*facepalm* You're right. I probably could've left out an explanation, oh well the chat is still there if anyone does want to join

Edited by swedish_drems

19 minutes ago, Bal60 said:

Downloaded and installed the app, but still getting the same error when I click on your link.

Guess it's not designed to work with "other" browsers.

Not sure, sorry. It works for me and everyone I know...

EDIT: Created a custom link(updated desc.), if it still doesn't work just write in SULinkSharing into the search bar (in telegram) and it should be the first one!

Edited by swedish_drems

4 hours ago, swedish_drems said:

just write in SULinkSharing into the search bar (in telegram) and it should be the first one!

Ok, so Telegram is an "external' program and not an actual add-on/plugin that gets run in your browser (your initial post and the download description on their web site doesn't make that clear.)

Well, to prevent possible drive-by virus/malware infections I've deliberately set my browsers to not allow any external programs to be run while browsing... which is why your links are not working for me.

So, following your alternate instructions, I cranked up the Telegram program I installed and found it "requires" a phone# to activate and use and I absolutely DO NOT give out my phone number to anyone on the web... just my personal preference, but I don't use any sites/services that require a phone# and never will!!

This means  I won't be participating in your little experiment, but good luck with it anyway.

Edited by Bal60

1 hour ago, Bal60 said:

Ok, so Telegram is an "external' program and not an actual add-on/plugin that gets run in your browser (your initial post and the download description on their web site doesn't make that clear.)

I absolutely DO NOT give out my phone number to anyone on the web... just my personal preference, but I don't use any sites/services that require a phone# and never will!!

This means  I won't be participating in your little experiment, but good luck with it anyway.

Yeah, sorry, should've made that clear. Your phone number isn't publically viewable, but I understand where you're coming from. I respect your decision and apologise for not being clearer. Have a great day/night!