Netflix Announces 'Marvel's Daredevil' Season 3

Koby

After months of speculation, Marvel has made it official: Daredevil will be returning to Netflix for a third season.

CxgHCur.jpg

The announcement was made during one of Marvel’s many presentations at San Diego Comic Con. Joe Quesada confirmed the news just moments ago at their panel where they discussed Luke Cage, Iron Fist - and of course - Daredevil.

Daredevil fans have been growing increasingly nervous about whether the critically acclaimed series would be getting another series following its second. Having debuted March 2016, Daredevil’s second season was met enthusiastically as its episodes introduced characters such as Frank Castle/The Punisher (Jon Bernthall) and Elektra Natchios (Elodie Yung).

Initially, fans had expected Daredevil to airs its third season by Spring 2017, but Charlie Cox announced that the vigilante’s next season could be delayed due to the Defenders. Staring Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist, Defenders is set to premiere in 2017, and Iron Fist is currently wrapping production. Jessica Jones has found itself in a similar situation as its confirmed second season will begin production after Defenders finishes. Much like Iron Man 3 had to wait for The Avengers to finish up, Daredevil might need to chill out while Daredevil learns the value of teamwork with his new teammates.

2 hours ago, Darsh said:

A lot of people have recommended DD for me but to be honest the production value of the flash and other superhero flicks has been putting me off.

Honestly I feel DD is a lot more solid. Maybe it's that they only have 13 episodes a season so less time for fluff or MotW type episodes, put pretty much all episodes actually progress the season-long plot. The baddy of DD S1 was fantastic. His acting was spot on, etc... I'm not a big fan of DD, but I feel the writing is just more tightly knit and it's enjoyable. Can't wait for The Punisher S1 but it seems to be on the back of the back burner at this time as they work on Luke Cage S1, Iron Fist S1, The Defenders S1, Jessica Jones S2, and Daredevil S3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, ezikialrage said:

I can't wait. I wonder if netflix will do a Punisher spin off.

They already announced The Punisher series, but given the time table laid out, doesn't seem like they'll have time to film it till 2018. They've got Luke Cage coming out this month. Iron Fist coming out soon. Then The Defenders, Jessica Jones S2, and Daredevil S3. All of that pretty much has their 2017 schedule full.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2016 at 5:53 PM, Darsh said:

A lot of people have recommended DD for me but to be honest the production value of the flash and other superhero flicks has been putting me off.

I know what you mean, these shows feel tacky.

However, DareDevil is different and feels more like a movie (Batman Trilogy?), the series is dark for a superhero show and gritty and violent.

Netflix has done a very good job.