Planetarian ~Chiisana Hoshi no Yume~

Koby

Planetarian ~The Reverie of a Little Planet~

aka Planetarian ~Chiisana Hoshi no Yume~

dmqgToo.jpg?1

MAL

Synopsis

It is thirty years after the failure of the Space Colonization Program. Humanity is nearly extinct. A perpetual and deadly Rain falls on the Earth. Men known as "Junkers" plunder goods and artifacts from the ruins of civilization. One such Junker sneaks alone into the most dangerous of all ruins—a "Sarcophagus City." In the center of this dead city, he discovers a pre-War planetarium. And as he enters he is greeted by Hoshino Yumemi, a companion robot. Without a single shred of doubt, she assumes he is the first customer she's had in 30 years. She attempts to show him the stars at once, but the planetarium projector is broken. Unable to make heads or tails of her conversation, he ends up agreeing to try and repair the projector...

• Like 2

This show is only 5 episodes long at 18 minutes a piece that're airing weekly. It's being simulcast by FUNimation on Thursdays and currently being worked on by two different fan-groups: Oyatsu and GoodJob!Media. The series is somewhat a prequel of sorts for the upcoming movie scheduled for release in Japan on September 3rd titled Planetarian: Hoshi no Hito. I say "prequel of sorts" because while the movie is listed as a sequel to the series, all we know of the movie's synopsis is that it states 'the film adapts a side story of the Planetarian visual novel'.

Episode one was interesting to say the least. Pretty much nothing happened that wasn't already covered in the synopsis above, kek, but it seems like it'd be a short and sweet watch that isn't too long.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Koby said:

I put it on hold after episode one to wait for the announced FUNimation Broadcast English Dub. It premieres Thursday morning, so only a couple days away! Anyone going to be watching the dub?

I am! ^_^ I was waiting to give this series a go so I waited patiently for the dub to come out so I can start watching it. I'm really excited about this show and I can only pray it lives up to my expectations cause I usually don't enjoy Sci-fi genre, but something tells me that this won't be the case this time. Really hoping for @DeathTheKid to collab with me for a dual audio release of the show.

1 hour ago, Imagine Breaker said:

I am! ^_^ I was waiting to give this series a go so I waited patiently for the dub to come out so I can start watching it. I'm really excited about this show and I can only pray it lives up to my expectations cause I usually don't enjoy Sci-fi genre, but something tells me that this won't be the case this time. Really hoping for @DeathTheKid to collab with me for a dual audio release of the show.

I wouldn't get your hopes too high on this, judging just by the first episode alone, it's not really anything fast paced or action packed. It's just short and sweet. Short episodes around 15 minutes each and seems like it will basically just be like some prologue to the movie coming out next month rather than something that really stands on it's own. It's probably just going to simply be about the interaction between Kuzuya and Hoshino, but it was still a nice watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...