Hitori no Shita: The Outcast

Koby

Hitori no Shita: The Outcast

Y7SiDfy.jpg

MAL

Synopsis

One day, Zhang Chulan is attacked by zombies in a graveyard. In the midst of that situation, he saves the life of a girl, throwing the kitchen knife in his hand in order to kill the enemies. The girl tells Chulan, who is relieved, to face his hardships head on and leaves. However, Chulan later sees that girl again at his university. From that moment, Zhang Chulan's destiny begins to move. There will be strangers with special powers appearing one by one, with battles involving those abilities. Each episode will bring a new mystery to light.

Note

This is a Chinese-Japanese Animation produced by Shanghai-based Haoliners Animation League and adapted from the web manhua Yi Ren Zhi Xia, which is published on the online portal QQ.com

PV

• Like 1

Oh, man I'm definitely giving this series a go, but unfortunately there's not a single way to access the first episode yet, not even as a RAW (even though it's aired). Hope that by tomorrow some group could release it since as far as I know it hasn't been licensed for simulcast. Although, I usually avoid original translation, but oh well. I see no other way.

4 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

This looks like what High School of the Dead was supposed to be... and better! 

Yeah im going to wait for a "fansub" group to pick this up :)

Hide contents

You got that right @Moodkiller!! xD Seriously though, if this series proves to be as hype as it seems then yeah, it could be a much better one than H.O.T.D.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Imagine Breaker said:

unfortunately there's not a single way to access the first episode yet, not even as a RAW (even though it's aired).

Crunchyroll announced they would be Simulcasting it. In fact as of now there are already rips of that on Nyaa. You posted that 6 hours ago, but the show only aired ~4 hours ago... and Simulcasts are usually a few hours after the fact.

Anyhow Crunchyroll's schedule for this is: Saturdays 8:30am CDT

• Like 1

Yeah I was mostly let down with episode one. Didn't turn out to be what I expected, but it does seem to have some hope in the coming episodes. The Japanese voice actors pronunciations of Chinese names sound a bit awkwardly off-putting more often than not though. I get why they have such names, given the source material is Chinese but it just seems unfamiliar and I'm definitely going to have a hard time remembering such names.

• Like 2

Well this is disappointing. It's nothing like the synopsis or PV led me to believe. Rather than a be an anime about surviving a zombie apocalypse, it's just another generic shounen-like-style of Super-Powered-Humans and one kid is trying to steal power from other people, including from corpses. It tries to be comedic, but all of the comedy falls flat and it's all hinged on one aspect: the MC being a virgin. I'll never understand why virginity is something to joke about, nor why it should be embarrassing to be a virgin. I guess the fact that I'm not a virgin doesn't let me understand, but still I find this to be a mostly generic story, but the characters are at least somewhat interesting if nothing else. Not great, but at least somewhat interesting. So that's pretty much the only reason I'm not dropping this right now. I really hope it gets better, but I wish they'd have advertised this as what it is instead of leading people to believe it was something else entirely.

1 hour ago, Koby said:

Well this is disappointing. It's nothing like the synopsis or PV led me to believe. Rather than a be an anime about surviving a zombie apocalypse, it's just another generic shounen-like-style of Super-Powered-Humans and one kid is trying to steal power from other people, including from corpses. It tries to be comedic, but all of the comedy falls flat and it's all hinged on one aspect: the MC being a virgin. I'll never understand why virginity is something to joke about, nor why it should be embarrassing to be a virgin. I guess the fact that I'm not a virgin doesn't let me understand, but still I find this to be a mostly generic story, but the characters are at least somewhat interesting if nothing else. Not great, but at least somewhat interesting. So that's pretty much the only reason I'm not dropping this right now. I really hope it gets better, but I wish they'd have advertised this as what it is instead of leading people to believe it was something else entirely.

I wouldn't say it's embarrassing as such, more like you are different/weird/outcast (>_>) in the eyes of others because of the way society has evolved and beliefs have changed, i.e. now not waiting until marriage or being under the strict law of your parents. As I mentioned the fact that you haven't had sex now makes you look like an outsider and "something is wrong with you" to others*. Not that this has anything to do with the story or this anime. That said, I will carry on watching it just to see what happens - as you pointed out - I have no idea where it is off to now...Standby for further opinions.

*personal experience 

Edited by Moodkiller

11 hours ago, xxbellcrossxx said:

Is this anime worth watching? 

Eh, Koby would probably say no at this stage seen as he dropped it. 

I would say, if you have nothing better to watch (which you do as far as currently airing anime goes), then pick this up. If you read one post above yours (i.e. what Koby posted) that should give you an answer as well :) 

4 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Eh, Koby would probably say no at this stage seen as he dropped it. 

I would say, if you have nothing better to watch (which you do as far as currently airing anime goes), then pick this up. If you read one post above yours (i.e. what Koby posted) that should give you an answer as well :) 

I never said I dropped it. O.o

Pathetic Harem MC stuck in a story without an actual harem but with people making fun of him because he's a virgin with a chastity belt or something. Great story guys.
The only parts that I liked is the female MC and the animation/choreography during the fight scenes.

Yeah episode 3 was pretty dumb. Apparently MC has some sort of 6th sense which goes off when a woman tries to touch his penis. It'll give him some sort of sharp pain telling him the woman doesn't love him or something stupid like that. So he's apparently a virgin for the simple reason of no girl actually being in love with him and he doesn't want to feel pain. This is like the dumbest setup ever.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2016 at 3:34 AM, Koby said:

I never said I dropped it. O.o

Haha, I read the line "So that's pretty much the only reason I'm not dropping this right now" as "So that's pretty much the only reason I'm not dropping this right now" - sorry about that.

Cant blame me for the way your original post was leading up to it, haha just expected it at the end.

The fight scenes are at least pretty good, well animated and intense. Not really any pauses in between for dialogue