Alderamin on the Sky

Koby

Alderamin on the Sky

6Mp1MNU.jpghgJSo0m.jpg

MAL

Synopsis

The mighty Katjvarna Empire is currently embroiled in a war with the neighboring Kiorka Republic. Within an unspecified corner of this empire, a certain young man was reluctantly preparing to take the High Grade Military Officer Exam owing to mysterious circumstances. His name is Ikta.

As a man, Ikta abhors war, is slothful by nature, and worships the female form. At the time, no one could have possibly predicted that a person like him would become a military figure worthy of being called a legendary general.

The young Ikta, armed with his superb talents as a soldier, struggles to survive in a world ravaged by war. This tale will recount his tumultuous life up until this point, as the curtains are drawn for a spectacular chronicle of fantastical warfare!

• Like 1

It started out pretty slow and the animation was bland, but it picked up in the second half once the introductions were mostly done with it. Episode 1 ended on a cliff-hanger of sorts so it's really tempting viewers to tune in next week. The characters were likable for the most part and the MC stands out enough character-wise that I feel he'll keep things interesting for a bit so I'm going to give it a couple more episodes and see if it can continue to climb or if it'll fall short or just come to a stand-still. Still, thus far it was better than most of the shows of last season. This season is definitely much stronger overall.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Those Teletubby looking sprite creatures are pretty goofy looking. That's about all I can say about them.

The show is still pretty intriguing and I enjoyed the idea MC-kun came up with to get them back across the border. Didn't care much for red-head constantly butting in to kick his ass, especially since it's not her place to do so and also because what he had to say was valid reasoning, which most everyone else was either ignoring or simply didn't have any of. MC-kun is definitely disrespectful and doesn't stay in his place within the nobility of this society, but he does have solid reasoning skills and common sense which make him an overall pretty likeable character.

I'm not sure why the creators describe him as lazy as everything up to this point sure hasn't given me that impression. If anything, without him, everyone would have died. He took initiative and jumped into the ocean to save the princess and it was his quick thinking that got them out of the bind with the soldiers in the forest, and it was his plan that got them all back safely into their country.

It's something I've enjoyed so far, but it's not something I'm immediately anxious to watch the next episode as if I couldn't wait the week or something if you know what I mean. So I'm just going to wait each week for Kantai to release it unless they end up stalling out later this season. As such I haven't seen episode 3 yet. :o

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/7/2016 at 8:00 PM, Koby said:

It's something I've enjoyed so far, but it's not something I'm immediately anxious to watch the next episode as if I couldn't wait the week or something if you know what I mean. So I'm just going to wait each week for Kantai to release it unless they end up stalling out later this season. As such I haven't seen episode 3 yet. :o

Haven't watched this show yet, but judging from your previous reviews can I assume it's worth it?

Just now, Imagine Breaker said:

Haven't watched this show yet, but judging from your previous reviews can I assume it's worth it?

If you like lazy but really intelligent and smart planning MC's and you don't mind a bit of anime-style military themes then sure, you'll probably enjoy this enough to merit watching it. I like it so far.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Koby said:

If you like lazy but really intelligent and smart planning MC's and you don't mind a bit of anime-style military themes then sure, you'll probably enjoy this enough to merit watching it. I like it so far.

I will give it a watch and tell you my thoughts then! ;)