Countdown to Final 'Bleach' Chapter Teased

Koby

ACQvsii.jpgThe splash page of Bleach's upcoming chapter contains countdown text revealing the manga will soon end.

It will be serialized in this year’s 31st issue of Weekly Shounen Jump, to be released on July 4.

The number of remaining chapters is unclear, as the final date is purposefully obscured by a black ink marking.

Bleach entered its final arc in September 2013, 12 years after it began serialization.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Nokiya said:

Only 3 years for the last arc? I thought he said it would last at least 6. 

If they were to make anime sequel, it would be 50~ episodes at best 

There is 205 chapters not animated. They could do a 50 episode series if they packed 4 chapters of material per episode or omitted things, but if they were to pace it out and adapt around 2 to 2 1/2 chapters an episode they could easily pull a 100 episodes.

I believe if they did come back to the show though they would want to keep it short and to the point; think Inuyasha: Final Act for instance. So I wouldn't be surprised if they did a 24-26 episode series and omitted a lot just to get to the point and say they've did it. Especially since while Bleach has a fanbase, it's overall not a big one and sales are a huge factor in wanting to maintain it.

It's rumored that Shonen Jump more or less forced Kubo to end the series earlier than planned because sales just keep dropping. Shonen Jump doesn't care about Bleach and almost never features it on covers, unlike Naruto which is featured very often, because Naruto sells like 7x as much.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2016 at 9:37 PM, Koby said:

There is 205 chapters not animated. They could do a 50 episode series if they packed 4 chapters of material per episode or omitted things, but if they were to pace it out and adapt around 2 to 2 1/2 chapters an episode they could easily pull a 100 episodes.

I believe if they did come back to the show though they would want to keep it short and to the point; think Inuyasha: Final Act for instance. So I wouldn't be surprised if they did a 24-26 episode series and omitted a lot just to get to the point and say they've did it. Especially since while Bleach has a fanbase, it's overall not a big one and sales are a huge factor in wanting to maintain it.

It's rumored that Shonen Jump more or less forced Kubo to end the series earlier than planned because sales just keep dropping. Shonen Jump doesn't care about Bleach and almost never features it on covers, unlike Naruto which is featured very often, because Naruto sells like 7x as much.

wow really? x7? 

Now thats just depressing honestly. 

I like both of them about equally, I dont see naruto being THAT much better 

althought I know for sure that popularity doesn't equal better 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nokiya said:

wow really? x7? 

Now thats just depressing honestly. 

I like both of them about equally, I dont see naruto being THAT much better 

althought I know for sure that popularity doesn't equal better 

Hmm, I mixed it up. One Piece is the one that has over 7x as many sales as Bleach (14m vs. 2m) .

Naruto had only 2x as much as Bleach in 2014, in 2015 they were about 700k difference.

One Piece is #1 manga, Naruto is now #14, and Bleach is #21 based on 2015 sales.

In 2014, One Piece was #1, Naruto was #6, and Bleach was #18.

One Piece has pretty much been number one since it was created I believe. I've never seen it lose that position in any of the years I've looked into or kept up with.

and just for the record....

Last December someone brought up the discussion about Bleach manga sales and wanted to know the possibility of the anime making a return, so I did some research. This was my findings; Source for the counts were from all the charts listed for each year on ANN.

Here is the run down: Manga Sales By Year
2010: 05th, 5,204,193
2011: 08th, 4,187,258
2012: 12th, 2,974,750
2013: 15th, 2,752,588
2014: 18th, 2,986,968
2015: 21st, 2,678,890

Every single year has shown a drop in rankings and sales are half of what they were 5 years ago. Dropping from 5th place to 21st in the last five years. The anime ended in 2012, so as you can see the decline started long before the anime ended. Bleach is apparently more liked by English speaking fans than it is over in Japan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koby said:

Hmm, I mixed it up. One Piece is the one that has over 7x as many sales as Bleach (14m vs. 2m) .

Naruto had only 2x as much as Bleach in 2014, in 2015 they were about 700k difference.

One Piece is #1 manga, Naruto is now #14, and Bleach is #21 based on 2015 sales.

In 2014, One Piece was #1, Naruto was #6, and Bleach was #18.

One Piece has pretty much been number one since it was created I believe. I've never seen it lose that position in any of the years I've looked into or kept up with.

and just for the record....

Last December someone brought up the discussion about Bleach manga sales and wanted to know the possibility of the anime making a return, so I did some research. This was my findings; Source for the counts were from all the charts listed for each year on ANN.

Here is the run down: Manga Sales By Year
2010: 05th, 5,204,193
2011: 08th, 4,187,258
2012: 12th, 2,974,750
2013: 15th, 2,752,588
2014: 18th, 2,986,968
2015: 21st, 2,678,890

Every single year has shown a drop in rankings and sales are half of what they were 5 years ago. Dropping from 5th place to 21st in the last five years. The anime ended in 2012, so as you can see the decline started long before the anime ended. Bleach is apparently more liked by English speaking fans than it is over in Japan.

No hate to OP fans, but I personally believe the main reason OP is #1 is because it came first. It came around perfect time and grabbed the audience, never letting them go. As someone who hasn't watched OP as a kid, I don't see a single thing that keeps that franchise as #1 apart from its age. It's the slowest thing ever, both anime and manga, and I wanted to shoot myself while watching it. Dropped it, wanted to give it another chance, managed to pull 50~ eps, dropped again. Endured 200 episodes in total of slowness and the most awful pacing I've ever witnessed. And people say that after God Enel arc its even slower.  

To compare how slow and stretched it is, Naruto and Bleach have about 40% filler episodes. OP has only 12%. Which means they drag on the canon as much as they can.  

Fairy Tail has about 25%, but they had to stop it twice already, so its different story. Very well paced. 

As for Bleach, seems like sales dropped near end of Arrancar arc? Don't know the exact dates of manga. Arrancar saga was really heart of Bleach, so people might have seen it's ending as Bleach's ending. I still think they fucked up anime by dragging it into another filler + fullbring arc. Should've just ended it at lost powers and maybe later continued.  

And yes the pattern is very easy to understand. 

Anime fans outside of Japan like Japanese themes more (Bleach=Samurai, Naruto=Ninja) while Japanese fans like western themes more (OP=Pirates).  

Edited by Nokiya

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/08/2016 at 10:21 AM, Nokiya said:

No hate to OP fans, but I personally believe the main reason OP is #1 is because it came first. It came around perfect time and grabbed the audience, never letting them go. As someone who hasn't watched OP as a kid, I don't see a single thing that keeps that franchise as #1 apart from its age. It's the slowest thing ever, both anime and manga, and I wanted to shoot myself while watching it. Dropped it, wanted to give it another chance, managed to pull 50~ eps, dropped again. Endured 200 episodes in total of slowness and the most awful pacing I've ever witnessed. And people say that after God Enel arc its even slower.  

To compare how slow and stretched it is, Naruto and Bleach have about 40% filler episodes. OP has only 12%. Which means they drag on the canon as much as they can.  

Fairy Tail has about 25%, but they had to stop it twice already, so its different story. Very well paced. 

As for Bleach, seems like sales dropped near end of Arrancar arc? Don't know the exact dates of manga. Arrancar saga was really heart of Bleach, so people might have seen it's ending as Bleach's ending. I still think they fucked up anime by dragging it into another filler + fullbring arc. Should've just ended it at lost powers and maybe later continued.  

And yes the pattern is very easy to understand. 

Anime fans outside of Japan like Japanese themes more (Bleach=Samurai, Naruto=Ninja) while Japanese fans like western themes more (OP=Pirates).  

for me the full bring arc was the one that made me lose interest. The original characters were gone and getting his power from an object was not bleach anymore. I liked it when he regained his own power again. The final arc should be good though. He has 3 blends of power and I think that will be awesome.. I just wonder why it took so long for his quincy powers to awaken.

Edited by highland3r