Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koby

Capcom Reveals 'Resident Evil 7' and a trailer

15 posts in this topic

Resident Evil 7 was finally announced at E3 in Los Angeles, along with a trailer entitled TAPE-1: Desolation! The game utilizes the all-new RE Engine and dramatically shifts the series to a first-person perspective. They've also opened pre-orders for the game on Playstation 4 with the bonus of a special custom theme and additional special items.

Official Site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/residentevil7/us/index.html

2 people like this

Its about time they officially announced the game.  Been looking forward to it.  Although the trailer looks more like a generic horror game as apposed to a Resident Evil game.  They are supposed to be working on a RE2 Remake as well, which I feel was the best game in the series.

Yeah well it's apparently (and unfortunately in my opinion) going to be a first-person perspective. This means we don't see our character as the screen behaves as if we are the character. I've never enjoyed this type of view. I'd have preferred something more similar to a mix between RE4 and RE Revelations 2 which are my two favorites in terms of gameplay mechanics.

Go telll aunt roadyyyy that everybodyyyss Deadddddddddddddddd

*fell asleep*

I hope someday we get a RE 3 remake and the RE:CVX HD remake ported to the PC!!! 

Looks more like P.T. than Resident Evil. While it seems like a smart move to cash on first-person scary game, I have to wonder if this change in tone will be beneficial or not to the franchise in the long run.

1 minute ago, Thomas_JCG said:

Looks more like P.T. than Resident Evil. While it seems like a smart move to cash on first-person scary game, I have to wonder if this change in tone will be beneficial or not to the franchise in the long run.

P.T. ? I'm not a huge gamer, haven't really been since the PS2 era really aside from playing franchises I enjoyed. So not sure what that is.

16 hours ago, Koby said:

P.T. ? I'm not a huge gamer, haven't really been since the PS2 era really aside from playing franchises I enjoyed. So not sure what that is.

P.T. is the Playable Teaser (Seen below) for the now cancelled Silent Hills. Resident Evil 7 looks a lot like it, in my opinion, and similar horror games like Outlast. Resident Evil is a shooter with survival horror on it, and not some "walk around disarmed and get scared by ominous effects" game.

I've seen the actual demo for the game and it's pretty good. It does rely quite heavily on supernatural elements though. I wonder if it'll beat Outlast 2. :) Both look promising.

A Dope game and 100% recommended.  Played it and got 300+ hours in-game time.

I rented it.

Better than RE5/6, but not as good as RE4.

Suffered from a 'that's a stupid choice' towards the end.