New 'Berserk' TV Anime Announces Additional Cast Members

Koby

UKNcWBg.jpgThe official website of the Summer 2016 anime Berserk has announced additional cast members for the series. A new key visual (pictured) and promotional video were also released on the website.

Berserk is a new anime series based on the dark fantasy manga of the same name by Kentarou Miura. The series will begin airing on the WOWOW network on July 1 at 10:30 p.m., followed by broadcasts on MBS, TBS, CBC, and BS-TBS the following week.

The first two episodes of the series will be previewed at a screening event, with voice cast members as guests, at Yurakucho Asahi Hall in Tokyo on July 2. General ticket sales for the event will begin on June 11 at 10:00 a.m., with each ticket costing 3,000 yen.

Cast
Luca: Miyuki Sawashiro (Durarara!!)
Nina: Natsumi Takamori (Another)
Jerome: Daisuke Hirakawa (Free!)
Erica: Ayana Taketatsu (Dagashi Kashi)
Rickert: Minako Kotobuki (Baby Steps)
Godo: Takashi Inagaki (Soul Eater)
Silat: Yuuichi Nakamura (Fairy Tail)
Tapasa: Kouji Ishii (El Hazard: The Magnificent World)
Mozgus: Rikiya Koyama (Fate/Zero)

Teaser PV 3

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Catar said:

So as a complete newcomer to Berserk with only periphery knowledge, where do I start? I was looking at this watch order, wondering if there's more details to be had.

Keeping in mind that I vastly prefer English to Japanese if available (with rare exceptions), and I don't plan to read the manga.

The tv series and movie trilogy both cover the same arc, although the movie series is apparently slightly more in-line with the source material. However the tv series has more time to develop the characters and apply some other details that the movies had to gloss over or skip due to time constraints. I'd say you'd be doing yourself a favor by watching both versions to ensure you take in the larger picture.

Episode 1 of the series also starts in the arc that is to follow, but then goes back in time to address the arc that it covers. So you get a slight glimpse of what is to come this Summer. Which I guess is why that reddit you linked to suggested to simply skip it and watch 2-20 and the third movie for their opinion of the best method of watching. I do agree at least that the third movie was probably the best part between the series and trilogy films.

Although if you choose to just watch the movies and not the series or vice verse, you probably won't be missing out on anything that is going to affect you down the road... as the new series is apparently considered a sequel to the films and not the series. The films were made basically to recap the arc and refresh people on the show as well as bring in new fans that didn't watch the series or choose not to because of it's age.

Being a fan of the original Berserk I am unsure of the new style they have adopted, I have yet to see the movie versions but they are on my to watch list (I believe they use a similar style to the new tv series if not the same?)

But still anything Berserk is good, I just hope it can retain the aspects that made it a good adult anime in this new tv series.

• 1 month later...