Re-Organization of Boards

Koby

You may have noticed some new boards, or even that many of the old ones have been moved around. I'm attempting to freshen up the setup and bring forward more of the sections that were foldered away into sub-forums and ended up never really being used that much. This community is and has always been first and foremost a discussion board. It's focus has never been the download section. Unfortunately discussion has died out and as such the community as a whole is deemed mostly dead. It's extremely unfortunate this has happened, especially given the size of the overall community (nearly 50k registered and 500k posts). It should be fairly easy to breath some life back into the discussion boards.

I hope to see more people actively posting in boards outside of the download center so we can once again declare the forum to be alive and going smoothly.

Anyhow, some of the new boards now require icons to take the place of the generic board icons on the left of them that indicate new posts in the section. So if you have any icon submissions or suggestions please bring them to my attention.

You may also notice that Kametsu Project releases are now in their own separate category and that there is now a User Archives board for everyone to be able to utilize to post their own index threads and such. So you no longer have to use the Anime Downloads section to do so. I know the old setup was a bit strange, especially for Cartoon-only uploaders wanting to share their indexes and such. So I hope this addition is welcomed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ElementalCards said:

That must be why the forums went offline for awhile last Friday... :P

Nah this all took place Saturday while the forum was online.

For Friday, refer to:

That update had the forum taken offline for a little bit to process file updates, db updates, and theme updates.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, ElementalCards said:

Or hide that section completely. It wouldn't make sense for guests to see them if they can't even read any threads there.

For what it's worth, the archives section was what drew me here originally (more specifically deanzel's archive). While I'm sure it leads to a lot of registrations that are solely to be able to access downloads, it still can pull in the occasional actual contributor.

• Like 1

• Koby locked this topic