Some New Features: Post Preview Toggle!

Koby

With the latest forum updates many new features were brought into the mix along with the bug fixes, security patches, and performance improvements.

Some of the New Features:

• Users can now choose to ignore notifications for being mentioned in posts by specific users.
  • You can now filter searches by specific forums/categories.
  • A "Preview" button has been added to the post editor which shows how the post will appear after BBCode processing. Tabs show how the post will appear on desktop, tablet and mobile.
  • Ratings now show half-stars for the average (for example, if one user votes 3 stars and another 4, it will show 3 and a half stars) and there is now an indication if you have rated something.

Activity Stream Enhancements:

• The filter dropdowns now have an "Apply" button for better usability (previously you had to click outside the dropdown).
  • The "Expanded/Collapsed" toggles are now clearer.
  • Hitting back from a clicked item in any activity stream now remembers your position and loaded results.

An example of the Preview Post Button toggle:

KqvhdRT.gif

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Koby said:

A "Preview" button has been added to the post editor which shows how the post will appear after BBCode processing.

Yeah, i've always seen this feature on other forums, but not Kametsu. It's useful addition.

Although, I do not see said button as I post this. Lol.

Nevermind, the button is there now.

I swear to God it wasn't a moment ago! :P

Edited by Pollux
More info.

Just now, Pollux said:

Yeah, i've always seen this feature on other forums, but not Kametsu. It's useful addition.

Although, I do not see said button as I post this. Lol.

It's on the top line towards the left. I know the image above features it in a different location, but the icon is the same.

On Kametsu it's in-between the 'Remove Format' (The T with a small x) button, and the Bold (big B) buttons.

• Like 1

• Nekone locked this topic