Unusable/disallowed email services list

Nekone

I decided that, since I'm helping maintain the email system on Kametsu, that I'd make a clean topic to keep track of what email providers have a tendency to fail in terms of receiving email from Kametsu, one that can be constantly updated as the need arises. If you are having trouble receiving email, try checking this topic to see if your email provider's on this list. If it is, there may not be much we can do about it, it'll just depend on the specific provider's policies.

Note that some providers on this list are permanent and will never be removed. These will usually be known spam domains or abusive domains. Others will remain on this list until any known issues with them are confirmed resolved. This list is based solely on email-related error messages in the server's mail logs.

IMPORTANT:   Any "disposable" email service (DisposableInbox, Mailinator, TrashMail, Spamgourmet, others etc), as per Koby's (and Kametsu forums) policies, are never acceptable. Koby has some filtering already in place to catch a majority of these, and I will likely install additional mechanisms to further restrict this and make this policy easier for Koby to enforce.

Last update was March 3rd, 2017

Email providers disallowed because of technical problems:

• AOL Mail - this includes any email address in the domain of aol.com, aim.com, love.com, ygm.com, games.com, and wow.com. AOL's mail servers are refusing mail from Kametsu's server, and the recent inquiry to AOL's postmaster has not resulted in satisfactory results, as they are still refusing to allow our system to deliver mail to their users. Therefore, due to AOL's unwillingness to remove their blocks, we must place all of AOL's email domains on the disallowed email list. If you use one of these domains, please use something else.

• BT Internet (ISP email) - if you are a BT Internet customer, and you use an ISP-provided email here, chances are it won't work or will otherwise experience delays. A number of times, BT Internet servers have outright refused to "talk" to Kametsu's server altogether. There isn't anything that can be done about this, so the best solution here is to just not use your ISP email here for the time being until the cause can be nailed down.

• Educational institutions (*.edu) - Currently, if you use any email address in the .edu (educational institution) domain on this forum, chances are it will not work here. Given some of the content of Kametsu forums, some of these systems consider them spam, or otherwise detect a spam URL in the content and refuse to accept it. This mainly applies to emails sent for new replies on topics. Many of these providers filter out download host URLS (like MEGA, for example) in the email content and refuse to accept it based on that. If you wish to receive email updates on such topics, you'll just have to use a different email, there's nothing that can be done about it. Sorry.

Email providers having temporary trouble with Kametsu-generated mails:

• None currently

This list will be updated as needed and when I have time to do so.

Edited by IkarosBD
Updated: Hotmail / Live / Outlook / MSN restored to service
  • Like 2

• Koby pinned this topic

UPDATED 6/5/2016 - moved AOL's email domains from the temporary list to the disallowed list, due to failed attempts at getting AOL to restore service for these addresses.

UPDATED 6/3/2016 - added educational institutions to the list. Some of these scan email content for URLs that they consider to be spam, and reject it. So far the MEGA download service has been most prevalent in triggering these email bouncebacks, but there are probably others. Either unsubscribe from the download topics, or use a different email address, as there isn't anything that can be done to remedy this. It's just how it is these days.

Edited by IkarosBD
  • Like 1

UPDATED 3/2/2017 - moved educational institutions (.edu) to the permanent list as there's really no way around these blocks. Also added Hotmail/Live/Outlook/any Microsoft email domain to the temporary list because of an unexplained block on the IP that we're trying to address right now.

UPDATED 3/3/2017 - Hotmail / Live / Outlook / MSN restored to service

Edited by IkarosBD
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

hey i just came across this post.  i had to create another username, because i cant login to my original name (skrapps).  i cant seem to remember my password, and when i request a password reset, i never get the email. (it's an aol.com) .  is there anyway you can help me get back onto my other name?   

• 3 months later...

Do you block safe-mail.net? My main email is with them and they are no longer a "disposable" email service. I'm pretty sure they DO require a pre-existing email address with another provider to register now.

The email I joined Kametsu.com with is mostly Tor-based, but surprisingly had no issue receiving the emails from Kametsu (and Stripe for my donation).

If safe-mail.net is blocked, I would like to request it be unblocked. It is a good service that allows for decent privacy, since it is based in Israel.

2 hours ago, iLoveCatgirls said:

Do you block safe-mail.net? My main email is with them and they are no longer a "disposable" email service. I'm pretty sure they DO require a pre-existing email address with another provider to register now.

The email I joined Kametsu.com with is mostly Tor-based, but surprisingly had no issue receiving the emails from Kametsu (and Stripe for my donation).

If safe-mail.net is blocked, I would like to request it be unblocked. It is a good service that allows for decent privacy, since it is based in Israel.

Simple enough answer, if it's not in the above list, then I'm not enforcing a block for it myself. If you have trouble receiving mail on any given domain that's not listed in my original post, let me know by giving me an approximate timestamp of when you did something requiring responding to an email (such as changing it), and I can examine the logs for you.

• 5 years later...

Hi, i wasnt around for 8-10 Years and i cant register myself on xertion. i Always get the message "We cannot accept this email address for registration purposes as it is a disposable address. Please use another email address."

I use an email from gmx.de

Can someone clear my fogy mind?

Edited by M3ch4tonchires

• 1 year later...