FUNimation to release Dragon Ball Super this Fall!

Koby

Since i have DB kai seasons 1, 3 and 4 blu ray's (still waiting for 2 to go down in price) i hope they do release the bu saga then i can watch all of kai and then proceed onto super. I have seen all of super so far but not any of kai as it was just the original with most of the filler cut out. I just got the 2 new movies on blu ray also.

1 hour ago, neodeathgod said:

Since i have DB kai seasons 1, 3 and 4 blu ray's (still waiting for 2 to go down in price) i hope they do release the bu saga then i can watch all of kai and then proceed onto super. I have seen all of super so far but not any of kai as it was just the original with most of the filler cut out. I just got the 2 new movies on blu ray also.

Unfortunately Kai Buu is only edited for like 10 episodes, then they got lazy said f*** it and just re-released it unedited. So the only difference to the DBZ release would be the new dubbing. Kai Buu leaves all the filler in the show.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that they did not remove all the filler after a while in the Buu saga. I have not watched it for over a decade ( and with the new soundtrack and new voice acting in japanese and english ) so  when the time comes that i will be in the mood to watch it from start to finish it should be an entertaining experience.  That will be a while though even if the Buu saga did come out soon.

On 4/13/2016 at 8:34 PM, Koby said:

Unfortunately Kai Buu is only edited for like 10 episodes, then they got lazy and said, "fuck it" and just re-released it unedited. So the only difference to the DBZ release would be the new dubbing. Kai Buu leaves all the filler in the show.

^This. Doesn't Kai seem that much more pointless now? I guess it's in HD, whoop-dee-do. But the color scheme ruins that aspect of it.

Anyway, if FUNimation and Cartoon Network are smart, they'll put Buu saga Kai and Super on [adult swim] before a DVD/BD release. If they do it after, there's almost no point to it being on TV.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/04/2016 at 10:34 AM, Koby said:

Unfortunately Kai Buu is only edited for like 10 episodes, then they got lazy said f*** it and just re-released it unedited. So the only difference to the DBZ release would be the new dubbing. Kai Buu leaves all the filler in the show.

Seriously? That's totally lame. I'm all about consistency, so this really annoys me. As for Super, I hope the BDs for DBZ Super improve the animation-- oh, how I hope to the gods they fix it.

4 minutes ago, The Question said:

Seriously? That's totally lame. I'm all about consistency, so this really annoys me. As for Super, I hope the BDs for DBZ Super improve the animation-- oh, how I hope to the gods they fix it.

They fixed the animation of ep5 for the JPBD (not sure if other episodes were touched). DB Super animation even fixed up is still average at best though. I think at this point everyone should be in the mindset that Toei is a crappy animation studio. World Trigger suffered animation blunders as well and the animation quality of One Piece has degraded over time. That said, at least they tried to repair the worst of Super.

4 minutes ago, Koby said:

They fixed the animation of ep5 for the JPBD (not sure if other episodes were touched). DB Super animation even fixed up is still average at best though. I think at this point everyone should be in the mindset that Toei is a crappy animation studio. World Trigger suffered animation blunders as well and the animation quality of One Piece has degraded over time. That said, at least they tried to repair the worst of Super.

I could understand One Piece, though. I didn't like it one bit, but I could understand why the animation quality fluctuated. I dunno, I guess I just expected better from DBZ, but even then, One Piece's animation has generally stayed away from the type of low level quality Super has managed to sink to.

3 hours ago, MephilesTheDark said:

It's not just the bad animation you need to deal with though, it's just a poor anime in general. I grew up with Dragon Ball, i'm a massive fan, but even as big a fan as i am, i can't ignore how bad it is.  In my opinion, it's worse than GT.  

GT was an oddity. I suppose, objectively, it is currently much better than Super. I'm happy the latter when back to the Tournament archetype, as that's always fun, but I feel a lot of characters have changed subtly, in a way I don't like. This could potentially be because of how're they come off with their japanese actors, something I'm not used to at all. The english BDs will assist in given a final verdict to the series.

Edited by The Question
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2016 at 7:34 PM, Koby said:

I'd be happy with a new dub though. I assume we'll get the even weirder International Cut rather than the Japanese, or is it the other way around? Kai is such a mess.

• 2 months later...