Hunter x Hunter (2011) English Dub to premiere on Toonami on April 16th

Koby

2qjFrW7.pngViz Media confirmed earlier today that their new English dub of the Hunter x Hunter (2011) series will be airing on Toonami and that it'll be here on April 16th!

Synopsis:

Hunter x Hunter (2011) is set in a world where Hunters exist to perform all manner of dangerous tasks like capturing criminals and bravely searching for lost treasures in uncharted territories. Twelve-year-old Gon Freecss is determined to become the best Hunter possible in hopes of finding his father, who was a Hunter himself and had long ago abandoned his young son. However, Gon soon realizes the path to achieving his goals is far more challenging than he could have ever imagined.

Along the way to becoming an official Hunter, Gon befriends the lively doctor-in-training Leorio, vengeful Kurapika, and rebellious ex-assassin Killua. To attain their own goals and desires, together the four of them take the Hunter Exam, notorious for its low success rate and high probability of death. Throughout their journey, Gon and his friends embark on an adventure that puts them through many hardships and struggles. They will meet a plethora of monsters, creatures, and characters—all while learning what being a Hunter truly means.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, burntodisc said:

The complete series has been out for ages and the torrent has been done.

Just search for it elsewhere.

As Moodkiller stated, you're talking about the OLD series. This is clearly stated to be the new 2011 series which has NEVER been dubbed.

Watched the sub like twice all the way through but I don't know how I feel about this. Wonder if the dub can hold a candle to the original? Either way I'm at least glad that Hunter X Hunter will finally get some proper western exposure given all the love people have for Yu Yu Hakusho. Definitely one of the smartest shounen series out there.

10 minutes ago, rockhoundhigh said:

Watched the sub like twice all the way through but I don't know how I feel about this. Wonder if the dub can hold a candle to the original? Either way I'm at least glad that Hunter X Hunter will finally get some proper western exposure given all the love people have for Yu Yu Hakusho. Definitely one of the smartest shounen series out there.

We got to hear a short clip on Twitter.

Leorio sounded horrible, totally miscast.

Gon we didn't hear enough of to say.

The rest sounded okay, but it was an extremely short sample. Definitely not as good as the dubbing they did for the original.

• 2 weeks later...