The New Server has arrived!

Koby

So I jumped the gun and went ahead and purchased the new server even though not all the funds were collected. I just paid the setup fee and the first month for now, and when the rest of what is needed ($80 more), I'll pay the bill for the other 11 months.

Some  of you might have noticed some errors earlier, some moments of inaccessibility, etc... This was due to transferring everything over to the new server. The domain dns, the databases, the site files, etc. We ran into some hiccups with some stuff not being compatible and other things giving us some trouble, but we got it all sorted.

It'd like to give a shout out to happy, Valdearg, and JohnFlower for helping, even when it seemed like all hope was lost, haha. Seriously there was a moment where there was so much going on that I couldn't keep up with what all was being said and I could have really pulled some hair out. Luckily I didn't and all is good now.

There is still some other things to work out though such as the mail server. Still working on transferring the XDCC files (currently the bots are still running from Valdearg's server in the mean time).

Let me know if you experience any bug, error, or have any issue with something such as something not working as it should, etc. Now is definitely the time to test stuff out.

Oh, and if you want to help give the server a name, I'm open to suggestions. Valdearg's server was called Blair and when we last had our own, it was called Kame, with the one before it being Kusano.

and as a reminder, if you can chip in any bit, we still need that $80 to finish off the year.

• Like 8

The location bar on peoples avatar section is messed up on brave idk if this is just a theme issue or a forum one i may hvae just now noticed this but some look proper like tsukiyomi  Location: Dreams and others like mine or DeathTheKid look like this: Location3rd planet from the sun

6 minutes ago, Renzourin said:

The location bar on peoples avatar section is messed up on brave idk if this is just a theme issue or a forum one i may hvae just now noticed this but some look proper like tsukiyomi  Location: Dreams and others like mine or DeathTheKid look like this: Location3rd planet from the sun

The location is something that came imported from our IPB3.4.x install, and it seems it needs to be adjusted properly here. It's just not adding a space between it. As for some having :, that's because they added it to their actual location. I'm not even really sure if we should keep the location custom profile or not since it does nothing and anyone can put anything in it which makes it not even be used for what was intended. I'm sure most people don't feel comfortable sharing their location on a forum dedicated mostly to sharing copyrighted files.

Surprised its still working at all if it came from the old v3 version and you're probably right much easier to scrap then try to fix but then again if making it look proper is just a matter of inputting a : then idk maybe just keep it around till an update finally breaks it i mean it does give some means of individuality even if we dont use it for its proper purpose

1 minute ago, Renzourin said:

Surprised its still working at all if it came from the old v3 version and you're probably right much easier to scrap then try to fix but then again if making it look proper is just a matter of inputting a : then idk maybe just keep it around till an update finally breaks it i mean it does give some means of individuality even if we dont use it for its proper purpose

I've actually been thinking of adding some other profile inputs, sprucing it up, and restyling the avatar post-bit area. I don't like the way IPS just centers everything there, it looks pretty messy.

1 hour ago, DigiPokeMon said:

I thought your server was/is called ChaoXide @Koby  if I am not mistaken

That's his XDCC server not the main server that hosts the website itself.

4 hours ago, Koby said:

I've actually been thinking of adding some other profile inputs, sprucing it up, and restyling the avatar post-bit area. I don't like the way IPS just centers everything there, it looks pretty messy.

yeah i do kinda know what you mean there but is that possible to change the way IPS makes our post area? I would think that'd be pretty hardcoded into the software. Then again i haven't really looked into the customization thing in the admin panel too afraid of accidentally messing something up lol

3 hours ago, DigiPokeMon said:

I thought your server was/is called ChaoXide @Koby  if I am not mistaken

Nope. ChaoXide is just one of my alt nicks.

We've had several servers through the years, most didn't get named though, lol. Anyways the names often used for host names, and it comes up in places so it's a good idea to identify it. We've had BioCent, Kusano, Yuniko, Kame, and at least one other I don't remember what it was named.

1 hour ago, Renzourin said:

yeah i do kinda know what you mean there but is that possible to change the way IPS makes our post area? I would think that'd be pretty hardcoded into the software. Then again i haven't really looked into the customization thing in the admin panel too afraid of accidentally messing something up lol

The output of the custom profile is sort of controlled with the custom profile setup; but the avatar post-bit is just theme related. Most theme designers don't seem to alter the default because it's just more hassle to upgrade themes as it requires more file edits.

• Nekone locked this topic