The 100 (2014)

Emrys

268592-20.jpg

Info: Set 97 years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization, when a spaceship housing humanity's lone survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth in hopes of possibly re-populating the planet.

More Information:
The series is set 97 years after a devastating nuclear war wiped out almost all life on Earth. The only known survivors lived on 12 space stations in Earth's orbit prior to the war. The space stations banded together to form a single massive station named "The Ark", where about 2,400 people live under the leadership of Chancellor Jaha. Resources are scarce, so all crimes – regardless of their nature or severity – are punishable by ejection into space ("floating") unless the perpetrator is under 18 years of age. After the Ark's life-support systems are found to be critically failing, 100 juvenile prisoners are declared "expendable" and sent to the surface.

IMDB - Ratings: 7.9/10 from 83,276 users

Stars: Eliza Taylor, Paige Turco, Marie Avgeropoulos, Henry Ian Cusick, Isaiah Washington

I've been watching this series since day one and each season just gets better and better :) though... a lot of people have stopped watching the show or gave up after watching the first 4 - 5 episodes because they are abit annoying :S but trust me it gets better (like I said lol)

Edited by Emrys

• 3 months later...

I don't get why only the animals seem to have been deformed by the radiation. The humans on the ground (aka grounders) seem completely unaffected thus far. Though the new group introduced; the "Reapers" are apparently cannibals.

Wonder if the Arc will survive the drop to Earth. Only one episode left for the season.

I don't get why only the animals seem to have been deformed by the radiation. The humans on the ground (aka grounders) seem completely unaffected thus far. Though the new group introduced; the "Reapers" are apparently cannibals.

Wonder if the Arc will survive the drop to Earth. Only one episode left for the season.

The 100 is actually one of the best new shows that survived. It's different in that it has a female lead that isn't a complete moron or boy obsessed. She mercy kills a guy by stabbing him through the neck. Then slits another ones throat by pretending to act all innocent. While they guys hesitate and cry around about how they never killed anyone before. The adults on the arc though are straight up idiots aside from Abby. The chancellor has tried to kill himself like 10 times but the show keeps on letting him live. While continuing to make the worst decisions. My theory about the animals is the ones who initially survived the radiation slowly became mutated, not all just some then reproduced. While humans somehow protected themselves by living in bunkers or in isolated areas where the radiation wasn't as bad till the worst was over. The cannibals were a huge letdown for me though unoriginal in every way even the name "reapers" Firefly ripoff "Reavers". As soon as I saw how good the grounders were at hunting and setting traps I knew they had enemies who are probably cannibals. 

Edited by Zero93644

• 1 year later...

I  think it's gradually gotten worse actually... and the decisions of most of the characters are just completely idiotic. Characters keep flip-flopping going from goody-two-shoes to slaughterer of innocents at the bat of an eye. It's like none of them know who they are, what they want, or can even act remotely human; in a sense the show fails to bring to life the characters because of their inability to actually write believable characters.

Then lets not even get started on the Grounders; who at first were seemingly small bands of survivors who were doing everything they could just to survive; to suddenly out of nowhere have huge civilized almost democratic democracies that far outnumber mount weather or the ark survivors. It's like the writers just suddenly decided to change it up mid-series and it just left this huge inconsistent plot hole.

I still find some slight enjoyment in this show though enough to keep watching. Unfortunately they killed off Finn who probably was one of the few of the Ark members to actually have a brain and to stand his ground on what he believed. Lincoln is about the only other character that has stayed true to himself thus far.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Koby said:

I  think it's gradually gotten worse actually... and the decisions of most of the characters are just completely idiotic. Characters keep flip-flopping going from goody-two-shoes to slaughterer of innocents at the bat of an eye.

Yeah, some things have got worse e.g. don't read if you haven't seen season 3 upto episode 7

Spoiler

randomly massacring an army that is there to protect you and doing other stupid decisions... and now they killed off Lexa!!! She was one of the reasons I love watching the show and thats why the show got better on season 2 episode 6... I just HOPE that somehow Clarke becomes the new commander e.g. the AI picks her instead of the night bloods, or.... Lexa's memories transfer to the new host (Like that Ontari girl) but probably not :(

Edited by Emrys

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...