"Young Justice" Showrunner Is Ready To Go For Season 3

mlauzon

On 2/27/2016 at 7:23 PM, mlauzon said:

He added that Weisman had been writing a timeline for the show, including stories that have already been broken in previous seasons, didn't make it into the existing shows for whatever reason, and were ultimately planned for Season Three.

Greg Weisman does this for every project he works on. He builds elaborate, never-ending continuities so that he can theoretically continue a franchise indefinitely. A shame no company has ever let him get beyond a few seasons. There's tons of Gargoyles material that never saw the light of day.

3 hours ago, BurnerAnon1989 said:

Greg Weisman does this for every project he works on. He builds elaborate, never-ending continuities so that he can theoretically continue a franchise indefinitely. A shame no company has ever let him get beyond a few seasons. There's tons of Gargoyles material that never saw the light of day.

Indeed, it really is a shame. What confuses me most is that Young Justice had pretty good numbers from what I remember... yet it was canceled.. go figure. Seems a lot of the times, it's the good shows that get canceled and the crap ones run for 10 seasons..

On 7/17/2016 at 3:23 PM, darkjoker187 said:

this is cartoon network we  are talking about they cant leave a good show alone. look what they did with Powerpuff Girls, and teen titans

While I completely agree that Cartoon Network is starting a bad habit of reviving old, popular properties and removing every single aspect that made the shows what they used to be, they're looking to continue the show, not retool it for 2nd graders. CTN's most recent reboot of Tom and Jerry is also by far the best Tom and Jerry content to come out since the Chuck Jones shorts imo.

On 7/27/2016 at 2:59 AM, Jakers80 said:

Indeed, it really is a shame. What confuses me most is that Young Justice had pretty good numbers from what I remember... yet it was canceled.. go figure. Seems a lot of the times, it's the good shows that get canceled and the crap ones run for 10 seasons..

Some shows get canceled despite good numbers because "they didn't sell enough merchandise" (like Sym-Bionic Titan for example). Not all shows go for viewers. A lot of anime is created with the main intention of selling the corresponding manga.

On 7/27/2016 at 2:59 AM, Jakers80 said:

It and Green Lantern were cancelled to make room for Teen Titans Go! and that Batman CGI series that nobody watched that got cancelled before the end of it's first season. Also, according to Paul Dini, YJ got cancelled because it wasn't goofy enough to appeal to their target demographic of young boys and worse, girls and older people were watching it which seemed to confound the network execs for some inexplicable reason:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3772856

On 8/3/2016 at 6:25 PM, gbp877 said:

It and Green Lantern were cancelled to make room for Teen Titans Go! and that Batman CGI series that nobody watched that got cancelled before the end of it's first season. Also, according to Paul Dini, YJ got cancelled because it wasn't goofy enough to appeal to their target demographic of young boys and worse, girls and older people were watching it which seemed to confound the network execs for some inexplicable reason:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3772856

Yea, the audience was there it just wasn't the "correct" audience for advertisers.  Hopefully it finds a home on something like Netflix which don't care about the demographics as long as it drives views.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...