Ohaii!

My English is not that good but I'll try my best :)

Guess some of you watched "Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi". I think that one was one of the BEST anime in 2016 (so far). I'd even call it a materpiece. Yesterday I finished watching it for the second time but now something bothers me. I ask myself why Satoru has this rerun/revival (I don't no the correct word in english) ability. Within the series there is no indication why he is able to travel back in time. The only thing I saw was this blue butterfly which almost all the time appears when he does it! Did you guys find any information on the internet? Any suggestions or speculation?

thumbs?h=480&of=jpeg&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews
Edited by victor.m

• 6 months later...

Ahh I just finished watching the series for a second time ~ still gives me chills *_*

I actually got my friend to watch the first couple of eps and asked her if she had a clue who the murderer was but she didn't know T_T

Spoiler

I reckon it was pretty obvious. I called it from the first ep. I immediately didn't like the look of 1988 Yashiro, he just screamed creep to me.

AND THE LOLLIES WERE A DEAD GIVEAWAY SATORU, LIKE C'MON!!! -_-

Anyway, I feel like they just quickly wrapped up the capture of Yashiro. After being careful all those years, he must have let his guard down. Would have liked an extra 2 episodes or something, like after Ep 11. Future ~ Yashiro explained the start of his sadistic ways. I would have liked a whole episode into his backstory. I went back and read the manga to get a better understanding of him and his past.

Also just wished Satoru kept like a diary/log or something in 1988 to give his mum a hint on who look out for in the future. I mean, it all worked out in the end but writing something like "watch out for someone by the name of Nishizono Manabu" wouldn't have hurt. :D 

Spiral which is ep 8. is my favourite:

Spoiler

From that heartstopping moment when Yashiro enters the bus and Kayo has to be dead silent to when she wakes up to a decent homecooked meal :'(

and I just love the theme song <3

The opening of ep 11 was quite spooky ~

Great OST, and some excellent art and directorship - damn shame that the story was rather predictable and the story itself is difficult to enjoy due to its glaring issues.

E.G Time travel plot device, Irrational behavior, Multiple plot conveniences.

I enjoyed it personally, as it does beat shows we see pumped out today by a long stretch, but it definitely isn't deserving of any major rewards for storytelling!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...