• Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans
    • Heavy Object
    • K: Return of Kings
    • Noragami Aragoto
    • One Punch Man
    • Owarimonogatari
    • Shomin Sample

This poll is closed to new votes

You may vote for one and only one series that aired this last Fall season and is included in this poll that you think deserves to be Anime of Fall 2015.

You only get to vote once.

*Anime series are alphabetically ordered for this poll.

Voting ends February 7th.

If your favorite isn't listed then it's your own fault. There was a nominations thread up for a while for everyone to nominate their favorite for this poll. The options here are what was nominated by everyone. We'll run a similar nomination and poll at the end of the Winter 2015 season so be sure to look for it.
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, DeathTheKid said:

Tough choice for me this season. There were quite a few I enjoyed but I'm going to have to go with One Punch Man.

This season sucked for me to be honest. The weakest season we've had in quite some time. Most of what I picked up I either didn't finish, had to force myself to plow through, or just felt pretty fillerish.

• Gundam IBO started out strong in like the first 3 episodes, but then it just turned into a padded mess of nothing really happening for about 10 episodes. It felt like they were trying to make a 12 episode story fit the entire 25 episode line-up, when they could have just opted to make it 12 episodes to start with.
  • BONES The Animation aka Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation- aka A Corpse is Buried Under Sakurako's Feet, just felt uneven half the season. Had it been like a 6 episode OVA series I felt it could have fared better to me personally but towards the end it was just dragging it's feet to an unsatisfying conclusion.
  • Heavy Object hasn't been a masterpiece by any means, but it has for the most part kept my attention and been pretty humorous if nothing else.
  • Seraph of the End second cour started out the gate very slowly, but that ending was near epic level; however since the first cour won Spring 2015, it couldn't be nominated this season.
  • K: Return of Kings I haven't watched yet as it's still pending me watching season 1.
  • Everything Becomes F: The Perfect Insider was so terrible I dropped it.
  • Comet Lucifer was utter garbage and dropped fairly early.
  • Attack on Titan Jr. High was just goofy fanservice comedy that should have stayed as chibi specials and never been promoted to full series.

That was pretty much everything I checked out, so the only real thing I felt was half deserving a nomination was Heavy Object. I may eventually check out One Punch Man though given how much it seems to be liked. I originally didn't watch because I felt like the premise was a one trick pony that would be overused and be old after the first couple episodes. The MC looks like Caillou on steroids haha. Unfortunately it seems the JPBD for OPM is utterly terrible and that the HDTV video is recommended over it.

• Like 1

Only shows I watched this season were One Puch Man (up to episode 10, waiting on Cthuko), Heavy Object, K: Return of Kings (like episode 4, waiting on Commie), and Seraph. 

My vote was pretty biased considering WonPawnMon was the only series I' somewhat caught up with. I did enjoy it either way. Seraph definitely wouldn't had my vote had it been up there. Can't wait to watch the 2nd(?) or 3rd season of it. Might just start the manga or whatever when I finish catching up with Akame Ga Kill.

Everything else for the fall season just didn't interest me whatsoever.

Luckily the Winter season looks way way better.

Ajin is off to a great start as is ERASED. Both of them definitely top anything Fall had to offer imo.

I'm holding off on Grimgar, Divine Gate, and Dimension W to watch them via FUNimations Broadcast dub. So I can't comment on them, but Grimgar certainly has potential to be great so I just hope it holds up to that. GATE cour 2 started off a little slow but it definitely seems to be headed in the right direction for the rest of the cour.

PSO2 The Animation is just about as bad as I expected it to be, but I'm still giving it a chance due to being a fan of the mmorpg series, but I foresee myself dropping it in the next couple episodes if things don't change.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koby said:

Unfortunately it seems the JPBD for OPM is utterly terrible and that the HDTV video is recommended over it.

First BD volume was not particularly good, but I wouldn't call it "utterly terrible", specially considering some of SD upscales that are worse than DVDs.

It has some banding and show title is oversharpened in OP. That is about it, and banding can be mostly fixed with filtering when encoding. For TV/Web sources, I have seen notable compression artifacts in high motion sequences.

As for Fall Season, I watched several shows, but none of them, besides One Punch Man, stood out enough for me to be "anime of the season".

15 minutes ago, Hark0n said:

First BD volume was not particularly good, but I wouldn't call it "utterly terrible", specially considering some of SD upscales that are worse than DVDs.

It has some banding and show title is oversharpened in OP. That is about it, and banding can be mostly fixed with filtering when encoding. For TV/Web sources, I have seen notable compression artifacts in high motion sequences.

As for Fall Season, I watched several shows, but none of them, besides One Punch Man, stood out enough for me to be "anime of the season".

It was more than the title, there was a lot of oversharpening throughout from what I've seen. The BD also suffered from bad dithering and aliasing. From the comparisons posted around Nyaa comments, the HDTV viewings were superior. However Baal showed me some comparisons he'd done and he managed to make it look pretty good at 720p; it seems like 1080p certainly isn't a very good idea, but then everyone has their own opinions on what is good and bad. It just speaks volumes that for the first time in a few years, the majority of encoders seem to be in agreement of watching the tv video from what has been shown; though they mentioned something about Italian and German Blu-rays due out soon that would likely be better? I guess we can wait and see.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Koby said:

It was more than the title. Sometimes half the video has halos and oversharpening artifacts abound. From the comparisons posted around Nyaa comments, the HDTV viewings were superior. The BD also suffered from bad dithering and aliasing. However Baal showed me some comparisons he'd done and he managed to make it look pretty good at 720p; it seems like 1080p certainly isn't a very good idea, but then everyone has their own opinions on what is good and bad. It just speaks volumes that for the first time in a few years, the majority of encoders seem to be in agreeance of watching the tv video from what has been shown; though they mentioned something about Italian and German Blu-rays due out soon that would likely be better? I guess we can wait and see.

While I downloaded DBMV, I replaced it with encode by Devil-JIN, but still I don't think it looked that bad (considering I only skipped through, I could have easily missed something). Only comparisons I saw at Nyaa (#770102) had 2 screenshots from OP which is hardly enough.

As for Italian and German BDs, I am not too optimistic. Publishers might be getting the same bad masters used for Japanese BD and fixing all issues might not be possible. Oversharpening and aliasing is usually caused by source/filtering and not encoding process. Puella Magi Madoka Magica had similar case - Japanese BD had banding issues and Italian BDs had strong debanding applied which caused detail loss in some scenes. Better overall quality, but not as good as it could have been with better masters.

• Heavy Object  -watched only first Episode .looks fine to me ..i will wait until release first 20 Episodes in dub so i can enjoy in batch ..
  • Seraph of the End   great as first season ..second season watched firstly in sub and again start rewatch in dub ..also i am think start read manga of this anime .. their lots of things are still missing to Explore what is Krul told to Mika  during death, Mika escapes with Yu, Makoto, and the rest of Shinoa Squad is decide save Guren and what is Guren history,also how many Seraph of the End capatured by Moon Demon  company etc ..
  • K: Return of Kings  i dropped this anime after 4th Episode due source ..i think this anime must watch in BD  ..i will definitely watch second season in BD
  • Durarara!!×2 Ten  as story move forward it become more interesting ..i totally enjoyed this anime in dub..Mikado truth revealed to Masaomi ..What lies ahead for them all??
  • One Punch Man- i only watched in first 2 Episodes ..look fine but it  fight is over in one strike punch..that i cant understood in anime .
  • Noragami Aragoto - i only liked first 6 Episode of Bishamon History and totally enjoyed . after Episode 7 the story move to Ebisu's god  it looks good  but i didnt enjoyed as first half season second.

i busy watching old  anime in dub .finished Terror in Resonance in dub yesterday also Kekkaishi remaining only 10 Episode to finished it..started watch Zatch Bell ..i think i start watch heavy object because their already first 10 dub  Episodes are out..

On 1/25/2016 at 1:48 PM, EonJone said:

i busy watching old  anime in dub .finished Terror in Resonance in dub yesterday

I've been waiting for the USBD, and then for Shiro to release it so I could watch it. =P Was originally going to watch it subbed, but it was on my ptw list for so long like everything else is that it ended up getting dubbed first so figured might as well continue to hold off. I never have a shortage of shows to watch as-is. I currently have like 187 series on my ptw that are out, and like another 70 that haven't been fully released yet. Seems to grow faster than I can keep up haha. But as I watch more and more stuff, my standards seem to get higher and I drop some stuff that I feel wouldn't meet my requirements, but even then I can't clear it out lol.

I want to know why the poll says 11 people voted OPM but when I click view, it only lists 7. Most of the options say they have more votes than what they actually show users who voted for them. Is there some option somewhere where users are able to individually hide what they voted for? Or is it just glitching out and not displaying all the voters?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Koby said:

I've been waiting for the USBD, and then for Shiro to release it so I could watch it. =P Was originally going to watch it subbed, but it was on my ptw list for so long like everything else is that it ended up getting dubbed first so figured might as well continue to hold off. I never have a shortage of shows to watch as-is. I currently have like 187 series on my ptw that are out, and like another 70 that haven't been fully released yet. Seems to grow faster than I can keep up haha. But as I watch more and more stuff, my standards seem to get higher and I drop some stuff that I feel wouldn't meet my requirements, but even then I can't clear it out lol.

I want to know why the poll says 11 people voted OPM but when I click view, it only lists 7. Most of the options say they have more votes than what they actually show users who voted for them. Is there some option somewhere where users are able to individually hide what they voted for? Or is it just glitching out and not displaying all the voters?

can guests vote?

mvG7WQ4.png2016/01/27 09:36 PST

ok they can't just checked

mvG7WQ4.png2016/01/27 09:37 PST

mabey it glitches if they changes votes

Edited by Pikanet128

mvG7WQ4.png2016/01/27 09:41 PST

no option for it in the user cp

and did not see one when voting

must be a glitch

oh it is from changing votes

mvG7WQ4.png2016/01/27 09:46 PST

mine is no longer listed under heavy object

i changed it to Chivalry of a Failed Knight

then back to heavy object

and its gone

mvG7WQ4.png2016/01/27 09:52 PST

ps: thanks @Koby for the post concatenation (sorry about my bad habit of Dposting)

Edited by Pikanet128
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2016 at 1:10 PM, DeathTheKid said:

Only shows I watched this season were One Puch Man (up to episode 10, waiting on Cthuko), Heavy Object, K: Return of Kings (like episode 4, waiting on Commie), and Seraph. 

My vote was pretty biased considering WonPawnMon was the only series I' somewhat caught up with. I did enjoy it either way. Seraph definitely wouldn't had my vote had it been up there. Can't wait to watch the 2nd(?) or 3rd season of it. Might just start the manga or whatever when I finish catching up with Akame Ga Kill.

Everything else for the fall season just didn't interest me whatsoever.

Much like DTK my vote was rather bias since I didn't really watch this seasons stuff so I had to go on previous shows and what was coming out. For me it was between nominating Seraph of the End or Aria The Scarlet Ammo AA since both caught my attention and held it all the way through. I'm now finally catching up on Seraph and I can already tell there's most likely going to be a season 2, so depending on what comes out with the season 2 release will sway my vote for the next batch.

1 hour ago, Leon Astreal said:

Much like DTK my vote was rather bias since I didn't really watch this seasons stuff so I had to go on previous shows and what was coming out. For me it was between nominating Seraph of the End or Aria The Scarlet Ammo AA since both caught my attention and held it all the way through. I'm now finally catching up on Seraph and I can already tell there's most likely going to be a season 2, so depending on what comes out with the season 2 release will sway my vote for the next batch.

Seraph of the End has already won spring 2015 it can't be nominated or win again

• Koby unfeatured this topic
  • Koby unpinned this topic