[NOMINATIONS] Anime of Fall 2015

Koby

6 hours ago, Koby said:

This forum is dead. Can't even get 10 people out of almost 43,000 to even nominate anything. I've been considering whether it's time to let it go. No discussions happen anymore.

I'll update the nomination list later and begin the poll, which will be lucky to see 20-30 votes probably.

I truly hope you don't do this.

4 hours ago, PDoggy77 said:

Agreed. Content distro got so popular that the general population of the internet has found their way here (I mean, 43k isn't exactly a tiny small amount of people as it may seem at first glance), and with them a large amount of more undesirable users. I would say the user base can be split into 3 groups - the regrettably small fraction of good posters, beggars spamming things like"pLs spend YoUr money on things I WANT!?!? Lol xD?", and people who have accounts just for the distro, and don't thank, like or anything. *sigh*

To be truthful, content distro brought me to this site. But, I'm actually glad I started to view the other forums (mainly the Encoding section) because i've learned so much from them. And for the most part, the community is pretty welcoming to questions.

4 hours ago, Pikanet128 said:

well with the absence of the banner for this this time lots of people probably don't know it started

or cant find it because they were looking in polls (me)

On a similar note, I think that the amount of subforums is kind of overwhelming/unnecessary. I feel like some of the forums/subforums could be merged together. For example, Is it really necessary to have a separate subforum for Anime News? Couldn't Mako Reactor and Arts/Literature really just go under Balamb Café?  I don't mean any disrespect to those that planned the site. I guess the main reason behind the current layout was organization. Maybe in the past, it was the way I am talking about.  

Also, I have to agree with @Pikanet128 on being busy. It was just by chance that I somewhat caught up on watching some anime from Fall 2015. Was on break from college, and don't really celebrate the holidays, so I had the time to binge. My point is, maybe its just a seasonal thing. Things might look dead from September to February, but they might pick up again.  

Sorry for the off topic post, it's just I'd really hate to see a 404 for Kametsu. :(  My suggestions may be completely off the mark, but I hope they encourage some kind of improvement., or atleast help @Koby see the situation from a different perspective.

Edited by warlord8
Added some more words at the end for clarity

6 hours ago, Koby said:

This forum is dead. Can't even get 10 people out of almost 43,000 to even nominate anything. I've been considering whether it's time to let it go. No discussions happen anymore.

I'll update the nomination list later and begin the poll, which will be lucky to see 20-30 votes probably.

well i already saw  this post when u made it..i made my choice  tryout more anime like Heavy Object ,one punch  before vote and already grab it but i didnt get time to watch it ..I slowly watching..i busy with to watch unfinished anime throughout last 4 -5 day like Nanatsu No Taizai (The Seven Deadly sins),Dragons Race to the Edge,Fairy Tail 2014,Durarara!!×2 Ten,one piece

i only finished Noragami Aragoto   ..i can only vote Noragami Aragoto

• Koby unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic