Lack of Bluray Releases for Popular Shows

warlord8

It depends on if all the Blu-rays have been released in Japan. They tend to release six volumes per showed depending on how many episodes there are. And no sub groups tend to only use HDTV rips and then other groups that are considered encoders take their subs and add them to the Blu-ray.

Also @CaptainStarwind no companies do produce Blu-rays for majority of a lot of things, It's just that some fans tend not to do Blu-rays because they're too big and bulky or they don't import them with their own money.

Edited by Mr. Kimiko

2 minutes ago, Mr. Kimiko said:

Also @CaptainStarwind no companies do produce Blu-rays for majority of a lot of things, It's just that some fans tend not to do Blu-rays because they're too big and bulky or they don't import them with their own money.

Oh no, I understand companies do make Blu-rays, I was just trying to justify a situation in which a company would not product a Blu-ray for a show.

Parasyte: The Maxim > both Blu-ray box sets are available on ADC w/ custom subs [Video + Subs] Or My version w/ English Dub & Subs

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (a.k.a. Your Lie in April) > all 9 Blu ray volumes are readily available on ADC [Video + Subs]

Mushishi Zoku Shou (a.k.a. Mushishi: The Next Chapter) > one Blu ray volume for Season 1 and 3 Blu ray volumes for season 2 [Video 1, 2 + Subs]

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (a.k.a. Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun) > all 6 Blu ray volumes are readily available on ADC [Video + No Love on subs, HS Batch]

Edited by Mr. Kimiko

1 hour ago, CaptainStarwind said:

My only possible guess would be that the companies don't think it warrants producing both Blu-ray and DVD releases when they can just do solely a DVD release instead.  Why they would think this for popular shows, I don't know.  Perhaps there's a greater profit from DVD sales than Blu-ray sales?

Perhaps there was ambiguity on my part. What I meant by "groups" was Fansub groups such as FFF, Commie and the likes. These two in particular tend to sub a show when it airs, and then will also put out a bluray batch later on.

39 minutes ago, Mr. Kimiko said:

Parasyte: The Maxim > both Blu-ray box sets are available on ADC w/ custom subs [Video + Subs] Or My version w/ English Dub & Subs

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (a.k.a. Your Lie in April) > all 9 Blu ray volumes are readily available on ADC [Video + Subs]

Mushishi Zoku Shou (a.k.a. Mushishi: The Next Chapter) > one Blu ray volume for Season 1 and 3 Blu ray volumes for season 2 [Video 1, 2 + Subs]

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (a.k.a. Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun) > all 6 Blu ray volumes are readily available on ADC [Video + No Love on subs, HS Batch]

Thanks for the Nyaa links, lol not a member of ADC. My question is more like, why does it seem like fansub groups avoid doing a bluray release of a show they have already subbed? I haven't been watching anime for long, but when I started, fansubbers started working on the blurays asap.

The shows I mentioned above were just some examples I thought of on the spot to help prove my point. With Shigatsu, Commie has already subbed this show and tends to do blurays, so I was wondering what's up. However, I looked at the groups mentioned in the links you posted, and it seems Underwater and Vivid don't really do blurays.

Even though the raws and subs are available for these shows, I'd still wait for someone else to come along and put the two together lol. I dont know how to retime subs, or do anything with subs period. If nothing else, i will just watch the tvrip.

Edited by warlord8
added a few words

2 hours ago, Etzimal said:

Parasyte - We've got a few groups on Kametsu doing it. (MK&Pn8 and Kimiko)

Your Lie in April - IIRC Thora is doing this. (And there are a number of already completed projects with "scene" raws.)

Mushishi Zoku Shou- Looks like FFF will get it done eventually.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun- There are a number of already completed projects with "scene" raws.

Are these really popular though? Didn't like any of them myself. :/

When they aired, they were I guess, but maybe the hype died down.

Yeaup, I just found out that Commie and Thora are working on Your Lie in April.

FFF started Mushishi Zoku Shou, but stalled. They didn't express any interest in their Winter Plans to continue, but also did not indicate if they dropped.

Yeah for Gekkan, I might pick up Procrastinating's release.

Does anyone know of a websites similar to Anidb and FansubDB that shows what groups are doing what?

BTW- Happy New Years everyone :D