Has Anyone Taken a Break from Anime?

warlord8

• 2 weeks later...

Many time..

But if we are talking something this serious.

On 11/28/2015 at 4:34 AM, warlord8 said:

did not watch, discuss, or download any anime.

than I guess just once...when I entered college...for about 1 year..

Why?

quite many reasons...

- I'll be starting college, I need to get serous about life, and give up on distractions..

- Similar to above... but specifically anime because I was too addicted to it, so it was the 1st on my list

- Anime isn't that popular back home, and even in school, none of my friends watched anime, and most didn't even knew...so ofc it was the same in college...and hence was kinda a taboo

- College = grown-up = no anime

- No one to discuss with + other factors, which lead to a slight decline in interest

However, I still used to check ANN almost regularly, it had become a part of my schedule by then...

The revival!

During the end of first year/start of 2nd year..two of my college friends suddenly got introduced to the wonderful world of anime(not by be)...and I started discussing anime with them, and told them about my past ventures into the anime world..and as such... Though still firm on my resolution to leave anime behind...

But each day discussing with anime with them was becoming difficult, and then our whole batch(all others being non-anime viewers, rather oblivious to them) started reminiscing about DBZ(which I had never seen in my childhood)...so I thought that I'll just watch the DBZ series, only that and stop...

And here, I am now..constantly watching anime, daily, each and every day, since then.. (though, it was AOT that really caused the come back)

Both leaving and coming back to anime where not all that difficult, but yeah, I used to miss it sometimes during that 1 year..

• 1 month later...

Ever since I got into Japanese idols as a primary fandom a couple of years back, I stopped caring about newer anime save for Dragon Ball Super and some others.

I have not watched a new anime in years either with some exceptions, and I mainly dedicate my time to Japanese music now. There will always be one show every once in a while I love though.

• 2 months later...

It's normal to get exhausted with something and stop for a while, especially at age, 20 - 27/30 ish. Think most people that age can speak with me on that. You have phases. I don't really have them myself that much but have had friends that had them a lot. They watch anime for months, stop and focus on video games for months and then got the anime itch again but get fed up with video games. Most gamers can attest to this also I think. That period when you just stop liking video games and everything seems the same and you just have to take a break. All my friends have had it and you just have to take a breather. After a few weeks or months, the itch starts again and you start like you are a kid again, with almost fresh eyes. If that is the problem of the OP, don't worry about it, happen to the best of us.

11 minutes ago, UnknownNinja said:

Most gamers can attest to this also I think. That period when you just stop liking video games and everything seems the same and you just have to take a break. All my friends have had it and you just have to take a breather. After a few weeks or months, the itch starts again and you start like you are a kid again, with almost fresh eyes. If that is the problem of the OP, don't worry about it, happen to the best of us.

Happened to me with games quite a bit, when I made the ultra poor decision of selling my 3ds and my beloved pokemon games I couldn't find anything I wanted to play other than Ace Combat on my flight stick. I got really into rail shooters with gun controllers/on wii but you get sick of those in only a few playthroughs and you can't return for months, especially when you don't have a friend to play with. Couldn't find the motivation during the short amount of time I could of afforded to get another 3ds for pokemon cuz I had made way too much progress before selling it and didn't feel like starting over (filled the dex on X/Y, had an identical copy of Se Jun Park's team everything exact from the movesets to the perfect 6iv stats to the ev spread to the nature I mean everything exact AND they were all shiny I had also replaced the Gardevoir with a 6iv shiny Roserade because I not only liked using that Roserade better but it was my first shiny so it was kinda to me what pikachu is to ash, you could see why I wouldn't feel like doing the work to get it all back, not that I couldn't if I wasn't lazy, I do have event cartridges:greedy:people will trade anything for event pokemon). Once my beloved ps3 flight stick broke I stopped playing video games altogether although I started playing Shovel Knight for a bit a few months after. Haven't played video games in months other than the very few times my friend comes over and we play Injustice

Edited by DabDeity710