Our 1st Custom Theme titled 'Asphyxia'

Koby

4 hours ago, ParasiteEve said:

You might already know this but, on mobile the background photo just looks really pixelated, it was more noticeable with the previous background.

I hadn't checked it on mobile since doing this skin, but you're right. However at least on my mobile, very little is actually seen so you can't even really tell it was an actual image, almost looks like some pixelated pattern. I'm not sure about how to make the background swap out or disappear if screen gets too tiny. On desktop even squeezing the window as small as it allows never makes the background look terrible.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Koby said:

I hadn't checked it on mobile since doing this skin, but you're right. However at least on my mobile, very little is actually seen so you can't even really tell it was an actual image, almost looks like some pixelated pattern. I'm not sure about how to make the background swap out or disappear if screen gets too tiny. On desktop even squeezing the window as small as it allows never makes the background look terrible.

Yeah, same way on mine. At first I just thought you had changed it to a solid color until i paid more attention, maybe someone will make a mobile specific theme that could fix it if auto resizing isn't an option. 

I think I've just about finished up the varying elements.

Activity Streams, PM pages, Dropdown Navis, Footer, etc.. are now properly styled.

I also boxed in the Mark Forum Read to make it more noticeable along with the moderation controls (for our moderators).

Is there anything that looks out of whack or not properly styled to the theme? Let me know.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Pikanet128 said:

in the future i hope we can get a theme like the old one i liked it a lot

Ehren has said he'll be doing a 4.1.x version of Brave at some point but it's one of his lower priority themes to upgrade. So if we have the funds, we'll get it when that time comes.

Now that it seems I've just about polished off my version of the css framework needed; I'll probably work on some other themes. I really want to re-introduce our old theme I had made when we used vBulletin. An archived version can be seen here: https://web.archive.org/web/20111014051049/http://forums.kametsu.com Although it'd obviously have it's own set of changes based on different software and rebuilding the design from the ground up.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Koby said:

Is there anything that looks out of whack or not properly styled to the theme? Let me know.

There is one at the bottom of the page that's still a bit hard to read unless you scroll down:

fe697cb1fe.png

and are you still tackling this issue?

b851c61c42.png

Finally, as a suggestion, I would make the "Start new topic button" follow the same theme as "Reply to this topic"

E.g.

d7b3c96495.png

Edit: Would you be able to bring back hyperlinks in the status section? Whats weird is that the editor recognises it as a hyperlink, but once the status is posted, it just reverts to plain text. This is also when posting it from the status feed, not through ones profile.

Edited by Moodkiller

I would like to complain about the avatar transparency thing again. You mentioned that it would be fixed in new theme, so I was wondering how thing are going about that.

Also, avatar next to replay box in status updates appear to be rounded. It is only for replay box and not for status updates of or comments themselves.

EDIT: Picture I wanted to include in post didn't appear to work, so link instead: http://someimage.com/R6dUf7u

Edited by Hark0n

2 hours ago, Hark0n said:

I would like to complain about the avatar transparency thing again. You mentioned that it would be fixed in new theme, so I was wondering how thing are going about that.

Also, avatar next to replay box in status updates appear to be rounded. It is only for replay box and not for status updates of or comments themselves.

EDIT: Picture I wanted to include in post didn't appear to work, so link instead: http://someimage.com/R6dUf7u

Both of these should now be corrected. Thank you for bringing them to my attention.

Let me know if you find anything else of course.

10 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

There is one at the bottom of the page that's still a bit hard to read unless you scroll down:

fe697cb1fe.png

and are you still tackling this issue?

b851c61c42.png

Finally, as a suggestion, I would make the "Start new topic button" follow the same theme as "Reply to this topic"

E.g.

d7b3c96495.png

Edit: Would you be able to bring back hyperlinks in the status section? Whats weird is that the editor recognises it as a hyperlink, but once the status is posted, it just reverts to plain text. This is also when posting it from the status feed, not through ones profile.

I'll see about something for the first one soon.

Still trying to figure out why that div is loading under the other elements. No one has responded to my query in the designers board of the IPS support forum though.

Start new topic does in the thread list view, but inside an actual thread the reply gets priority. I could change this, but it'd also change other things around the board that share the same element unless I changed some of the html to give that button a different element and I'm trying to avoid doing more template edits than we have to because they often end up broken with theme changes during upgrades while the custom.css won't break anything. Already had to redo the footer to make the bar actually design correctly because IPS has some tags in reverse for whatever reason.

Also noticed I still have to do the thread previews

They're not properly styled yet...

and I'd like to customize the breadcrumbs bar further.

I also would like to add a background changer later so users can swap out the background for something.

• Like 2

• Nekone locked this topic