Our 1st Custom Theme titled 'Asphyxia'

Koby

The current theme titled 'Asphyxia' is a completely custom theme I coded myself.

It's not finished as it still needs some tweaks here and there and some sections still need proper styling (such as the Private Messages section), but I figured it was best to go ahead and put the theme out there so we could get rid of that default IPS theme as well as get users to trouble shoot this one considering it's the first theme I've did for IPS since IPS 1.3 about a decade ago.

Let me know what you think. Also feel free to give any suggestions for changes or fixes, etc.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Koby said:

The current theme titled 'Asphyxia' is a completely custom theme I coded myself.

It's not finished as it still needs some tweaks here and there and some sections still need proper styling (such as the Private Messages section), but I figured it was best to go ahead and put the theme out there so we could get rid of that default IPS theme as well as get users to trouble shoot this one considering it's the first theme I've did for IPS since IPS 1.3 about a decade ago.

Let me know what you think. Also feel free to give any suggestions for changes or fixes, etc.

I like this custom theme, much better than the standard white (blinding) theme. I personally cannot see any issues with it and feel it is a nice addition to the forum. Nice work Koby!

The Only downside to the change is that 'Kametsu.com' is no longer an under blanket site!

I used to visit the side right before I go to sleep since it was the only site dark enough I could look at in the dark!

Other than that, All other changes seems to be favorable! (When I get used to them)

Edited by aliqandil

hi I checked the whole look of the forum the look is nice and decent I know the developer must have a hard time to put up the idea of background colours etc all is appreciatable.The  only thing which is quite disturbing as I felt is the font colour the white font is so shinny if you agree with me then plz change it with some less shinny 

thanks for your time admins n other staff :)

Edited by zeeshan
looks so small

4 hours ago, Tsu.Ku.Yo.Mi said:

Any suggestions

- What freaking font you use!? Doesn't really "go with" the forum, you know..

- We do have a theme changer added, right?

Any changes

- Lighten the transparent post boxes a bit because of right now there's certain dark font colors that look unseeable and hard to read.

Neucha.

Yes theme changer is at the bottom of every page. Unfortunately the only alternative currently is back to the default theme.

e50aa8c7e7.jpg

1 hour ago, aliqandil said:

The Only downside to the change is that 'Kametsu.com' is no longer an under blanket site!

I used to visit the side right before I go to sleep since it was the only site dark enough I could look at in the dark!

Other than that, All other changes seems to be favorable! (When I get used to them)

Are you refering to it not being dark enough or about the notification noise? Because the former will be solved when some dark themes are added while the latter can be adjusted in your account settings.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, diamonddustlove said:

Could you tell me where you got the image? I would like to add it to my collection.

I don't remember where I originally obtained it.

However here you go: http://i.imgur.com/cP9CL7h.jpg

4 hours ago, Renzourin said:

Great Work on the theme Koby, i kinda like the quote boxes being solid though maybe make them match the general color of the rest of the forum?

I need to fix link color in editor, it shows the white and then purple when hovered, but editor background is white so it renders it invisible there.

I need to edit the style of the thread page numbers as they're almost invisible.

Need to style the PM pages.

Need to style quote box.

Need to style drop down navigation.

I may leave quote box solid, but I will at least color it to match.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vaux said:

The Friends and Topsites would look better on seperate lines

Would it be possible to make the title text bigger and move it a line down from the user account?

The stuff on the bottom was just tossed on last minute so they'd be there. I'll sort it out at some point and tidy it up.

Not really sure what you're referring to on the second bit.

• Like 3

Will you be styling the user name's for the different groups? 

I.e. your username would be in red, mine gold and donors violet? Or will they be remaining black?

My only other suggestion would be to put the title of a topic in its own tile box (enclosing the "Following" and "Reply to this thread" buttons)  and change the font to something a bit more bold and cleaner :) 

Otherwise, good work and well done!

1 hour ago, Moodkiller said:

Will you be styling the user name's for the different groups? 

I.e. your username would be in red, mine gold and donors violet? Or will they be remaining black?

My only other suggestion would be to put the title of a topic in its own tile box (enclosing the "Following" and "Reply to this thread" buttons)  and change the font to something a bit more bold and cleaner :) 

Otherwise, good work and well done!

By default IPS only colors the names in the online list for whatever ignorant reason they went with. We used a plugin/hook to make it do it across the board. If I can figure out how to update the code or if someone re-releases such a plugin then I'd definitely utilize it. Until then this is how it is.

I'd plan on doing that as some point. The main thing is still figuring out what each and every elements class is and then adding it to the new framework I developed. Once I polish this off I'll have the framework pretty solidly completed and be able to much easier and quickly develop future themes without much hassle.

As far as font, are you referring to the post font? I just left it the default font that IPS's theme uses... What would you suggest?

• Like 3

Understood. Hopefully something comes along soonish. 

22 minutes ago, Koby said:

As far as font, are you referring to the post font? I just left it the default font that IPS's theme uses... What would you suggest?

I like the "KISS" principle, so I would go with something like Calibri and an adjusted font size of 2.5em.

f8bd1a28c9.png

• Nekone locked this topic