We've Upgraded to IPS 4.1

Koby

As with any major upgrade, I'm sure people will have questions as to where certain features, etc.. are now located. We're also likely to have a lot of broken things around the community so if you notice anything please bring it up here as well. I'll try my best to respond to any questions and concerns as well as suggestions.

Let us know what you think of the changes. New Themes will be arriving soon. None of our old themes are compatible, however we may try to re-introduce similar themes as soon as we can.

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, Vaux said:

Yes, cant wait for the new dark skin! It's stereotypical but true. Are we keeping the round avatars?

2 minutes ago, ElementalCards said:

Will our avatars be rounded or can it be adjusted?

I'll look into making them display normally. I believe it's a theme issue. We're currently running the default IPS4.x theme.

I'm also aware that most of our custom bb codes were broken. I'm looking into a solution, but I seems like custom bb codes may not be an option anymore. The editor seems to be using more html than anything as seen when you click the 'source' button.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Seems Display Names are been merged into Login Names.

Yeah during the upgrade it said something about Display and Login being merged into one and it asked me which I wanted it to convert so I went with Display name because I figured that's what people would prefer to be using anyhow. So now if you get a name change, your login will change too. Although it's possible to just use your email address instead as well for logging in.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Koby said:

I'll look into making them display normally. I believe it's a theme issue. We're currently running the default IPS4.x theme.

I'm also aware that most of our custom bb codes were broken. I'm looking into a solution, but I seems like custom bb codes may not be an option anymore. The editor seems to be using more html than anything as seen when you click the 'source' button.

If it turns out that custom bb codes are not an option does that mean I will have to fix all my downloads manually or is there a way to do it automatically?

just letting you know most of the links in the indexs(did a quick peek) are broken ....as are many for pages

....I believe you have a large task to tweaking the coding....hope it goes smoothly for you

my avatar IS working ..lol ...squished but as you can see displaying ..lol (it's short like me in RL ..XD)

do find the default a bit hard to read ..but hey ...at least it is there to read...

looking forward to seeing here all back to normal...and thanks in advance for all the work that goes into making this place awesome!

Skin:
Google is also white, but for some kinde of reason this hurts my EYES Also!
Very Strange indeed.

What I do like it loads faster then before. :)

Skin Website Broken:
1. Also my Picture from the Background of the Profile is Gone.
2. Only the Picture and the Url is still Active on the About Me Page all my Text is Gone.
3. [info] Code is Gone.
4. The Code Box is Gone.

Quote:

30 minutes ago, Tsu.Ku.Yo.Mi said:

I actually care more of what 4.1 has to offer than worrying about when so-and-so will return.

You can't compare Invision Power Board with PHPBB.
There entirely two different forum programs.
My preferation is definitely VBulletin 3 if I must Choose, but it's also you're own Recommandation. ;)

Edited by DJHulp

• Nekone locked this topic