Welcome to Kametsu: Introduce Yourselves! ^_^

Koby

Hello and welcome to Kametsu! There are many exciting things going on here, so be sure to check them all out. We hope you enjoy your stay.

Posting in this thread is an easy way to get active in the forums, and be sure to hop onto our IRC channel if you would like to meet even more Kametsu members:

#Kametsu on irc.kametsu.com (ports 6660-6669, SSL on port 7000) (further info)

Guidelines

Be sure to read the Forum Rules & Guidelines in addition to keeping these other points of etiquette in mind:

• Don't force anyone to do anything, whether it's pressing them for information they're not willing to give or making them join certain groups.
  • This is a PG-13 forum, so keep it light on the swearing and adult content.
  • Most importantly, be respectful! You're talking to real people here!

Welcome to Kametsu Forums!

If you've an interest in anime, television, or graphics, we're certain you have just found your new home.

People of all ages from all over the world are invited to join our community. You'll find opportunities abound spanning from daily chatter to discussions on anime and video games to more in-depth debates on today's issues. Members are also given areas in the forum to show off their graphical and artistic skills, as well as request these artists to make something for them.

Unlike other boards that thrive on weak posts filled with platitudes and otherwise useless comments, we encourage members to express themselves in full detail and with proper grammar. This makes it easier for others to understand you and you'll appreciate the courtesy from others as well.

While perhaps intimidating at first, you'll soon realize how simple registration is and how enjoyable participating the forum can be. We've gathered a brief list of benefits, though it certainly does not encompass all that you'll be able to enjoy once you're a member!

Members will be able to

• Participate in various forum discussions
  • Make full use of the Private Messaging system
  • Follow various topics and receive instant notification of any new posts
  • Customise profiles and wear personal avatars and signatures
  • Share personal websites to increase traffic
  • Give feedback and suggestions for improving the forum
  • Gain new profile customisation abilities at certain post levels

New Crusaders

So how do you get to all this stuff? Go ahead and register here! You'll be asked to supply a valid email address--this is important since we may require you to validate your registration via email and should you forget your password, this is the address instructions will be sent to.

Once you become an official Crusader of Kametsu, we ask that you post an introduction. To make it easier on you, we've provided a template with a few questions so our current members will be able to have a better understanding of who you are. You're free to--and we certainly encourage you to!--make your introduction your own and include other information.

• How did you find Kametsu?
  • What do you think of the place so far?
  • How active are you planning on being?
  • What are your top five anime?
  • Top five video games?
  • What other hobbies do you have?
  • Make any graphics?
  • Do you have any questions for us?

Welcoming New Crusaders

• Give warm welcomes to the new members and be polite
  • Answer any questions asked to the best of your knowledge or point them in the right direction
  • Be creative in your welcomes

We were all new once in an unfamiliar forum, so be kind and make their transition into the community an easy and comfortable one.

• Like 8

Hey there!  I'm more of a lurker than anything, but occasionally I'll come out and have a nice talk with people now and then.  I like Pokemon, RPG games, and recently I've gotten addicted to Love Live! (blame my friends, they're horrible influences).  I'm pretty open in terms of what manga I'll read and what anime I'll watch, so I'm looking forward to diving into the rec section and seeing what series other people are suggesting.

Hi everybody! I'm THPancake, which isn't my actual nickname I go by "TheHolyPancake", but this is faster to write and most of the time it's not taken.

I was introduced to this site by another user, AliQ, and so far this place looks preeetty good. Anyhow I don't watch many animes, I usually prefer western stuff.

Right now I'm following S02 of Rick and Morty along with Gravity Falls, Star vs. The Forces of Evil and Steven Universe, also sometimes I catch up with China, IL.

Glad to be here anyways!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...