Marvel's Jessica Jones (2015 TV Series)

Koby

Netflix has finally announced a premiere date for Marvel's Jessica Jones. All 13 one-hour episodes of the follow-up to Marvel's Daredevil will be released on the streaming service Friday, November 20 at 12:01am PT.

Netflix has also released a short teaser trailer to go with this announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIKecSNhRv8

In typical Marvel fashion, the trailer doesn't reveal too much, but here's what we know from the show's official logline: "After a tragic ending to her short-lived superhero stint, Jessica Jones is rebuilding her personal life and career as a detective who gets pulled into cases in New York City." 

The series, which will be tonally different from Daredevil (what that means is still unclear), is described as "suspenseful" and "edgy." And if you know the characters' comic book backstory, you know she's dealing with demons inside and out. 

In Jessica Jones, Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23) stars as the titular character, David Tennant (Broadchurch, Doctor Who) appears as Kilgrave, and Mike Colter (The Good Wife) plays Luke Cage, who will then be spun-off into his own series as part of Marvel and Netflix's four-series deal that will eventually culminate in a Defenders series. Rachael Taylor, Carrie-Anne Moss, Eka Darville, Erin Moriarty, and Wil Traval also star.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how excited are you for Marvel's Jessica Jones?

• Like 1

6/10

I'm more excited for the new Daredevil season 6 and the Luke Cage series. I don't really know much about her, except that she's the wife of Power Man/Luke Cage. BTW, also noticed they ditched the A.K.A in the title

Daredevil season 6? I thought it was season 2 coming.

lol season 2(was thinking about something else)

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed Jessica Jones! It was great. It is just a shame that they put the show on pause, just to get the Defenders up and running. I was so excited to see the second season last fall, and very disappointed to find out they were skipping a year. It's my favorite out of the Marvel shows so far.. Although I've only seen Daredevil aside from it. I didn't watch Luke Cage, because I found his character to be boring in JJ, and I heard that new show was really bad... so I never bothered.