Dragon Ball Question

sora13

Hay guys I got a quick question for all of you,Me and My Sister are considering Watching Dragonball Z for the first time,The thing is their is the Original DBZ and then,Theirs DBZ Kai.Which one should me and my sister start watching,Cause I'm confused on which one to pick DBZ or DBZ Kai.

DBZ and DBZ Kai is the same, but the latter is a remastered and shorter version that has no fillers.

DBZ has 200+ Episodes while DBZ Kai only has 100+.

If you hate fillers and slow pacing, I'd recommend Kai. If you don't mind the fillers and slooooow pacing then the original DBZ it is.

So DBZ Kai is Straight on just Telling the Main Story?

• 2 weeks later...

It is really worth watching db before you start on dbz/kai much more complete story that way.

Me and my sister are currently watching the First Dragonball show,just want to know what to watch after DB,DBZ or DBZ Kai.Oh and another quick question:Is Dragonball GT Important to watch or not? Edited by sora13

It is really worth watching db before you start on dbz/kai much more complete story that way.

Me and my sister are currently watching the First Dragonball show,just want to know what to watch after DB,DBZ or DBZ Kai.Oh and another quick question:Is Dragonball GT Important to watch or not?

After Dragon Ball, I'd recommend just watching Z instead of Kai. While Kai benefits from trimming the fat, the cuts don't always result in something terribly cohesive. The music editing also felt rushed to me (not that Z doesn't have the same problem--but there, it's to a much lesser extent). I wouldn't recommend GT unless you really love the franchise. It's a an absolute mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of ppl here saying Kai is better because It has no fillers, I have watched DBZ at least 11-12 times only and the only show I have ever watched more than once. DBZ fillers are not the same as Naruto fillers, sometimes they lose track but they add to the overall story and feel of the DBZ-ness and frankly, I didn't make it past episode 10 of Kai because it felt wrong as in things that i felt needed to be seen weren't there.

I personally would go for the classic, but I guess for me it's different as I grew up on the original DBZ and still love it to this day (re-watched DBZ 3 times). For someone who has not watch DBZ before, I'd go for DBZ Kai then. Piece of advice to remember for once you are done with DBZ, don't bother watching the first two seasons of Dragonball Super, but instead watch certain two movies that cover the two seasons. Try to watch GT after Super in spite of what people say. I, for one, find GT bearable to watch (long way until GT though lool).

Edited by Graffiti