Salem (2014 TV Series)

Koby

sXfjxom.png

Synopsis: Based on the infamous Salem witch trials in the 17th century in colonial Massachusetts, when the government was dominated by Puritan leaders. It questions whether the Puritans were right in their actions, whether the people punished were innocent, and centers on powerful figures who controlled day-to-day lives of ordinary people, but were not who they appeared to be. John Alden (Shane West) and Mary Sibley (Janet Montgomery) find themselves in the middle of an epic romance, even as Puritan witch hunts engulf the town of Salem in hysteria, horror, and despair.

This premiered last year, and season 2 ended earlier this year. Despite being fairly well liked by fans and critics alike; the studio felt it wouldn't fare well on home media and as such decided not to release to dvd or Blu-ray. So you can only find it through streaming, watching on tv, or purchasing via WEB-DL such as iTunes, etc.

I've just decided to watch the show myself after some people on another forum I frequent were giving it such praise that they talked me into it. Haven't watched the first episode yet, but I'm about to do so and thus decided to make a topic in hopes others who have watched it will come to discuss it or maybe I'd even somehow convince others to give it a try.

• Like 1

I thought this was a show about me  :too_sad:

lol, no.

Three episodes in now. Shane West's acting has either improved a little or I'm getting use to it. I'm liking the show so far, but it really does show how fear can ruin everything. The town is so fearful of witches they're massacring the innocent.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

‘Salem’ Sets Season 3 Premiere Date

WGN America  has set a Halloween week premiere date for Season 3 of its supernatural drama “Salem,” and released a 30-second teaser trailer for the upcoming season.  Marilyn Manson will guest star as multitasking barber-surgeon Thomas Grinley in Season 3, which also stars Janet Montgomery, Shane West, Seth Gabel and Ashley Madekwe.

Season 3 Teaser

Season 3 trailer:

Salem Season 3 premieres Halloween week.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

The long wait ends tonight as Season 3 premieres finally. Anyone else tuning in this season?

Everything in "Salem" has gone to hell when WGN America's hit supernatural thriller returns Halloween Week, Wednesday, November 2 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. In advance of the premiere, the network released a riveting new trailer featuring a gruesome twist on "Cats Cradle." The devil has arrived in "Salem" and everything he promised the witches is a lie! He has his own plans that will bring nothing but death and destruction and there's only one person on earth that can stop him. The only problem is - she's dead. Or is she?

In the most twisted season yet, legendary recording artist Marilyn Manson guest stars as the bloody barber surgeon Thomas Dinley. In the premiere episode, written by series creators Brannon Braga and Adam Simon and directed by Nick Copus, John Alden (Shane West) is forced to bury his love Mary Sibley (Janet Montgomery), and her mysterious servant Tituba (Ashley Madekwe) now with the abilities of the seer, has a horrifying vision of hell on earth. She knows the only person who can stop this evil and beat the devil (Oliver Bell) - is the very witch that birthed him, his mother, Mary Sibley.

Meanwhile, Isaac (Iddo Goldberg) takes it upon himself to attempt to clean up Knocker's Hole and get revenge against Mercy (Elise Eberle), who has found her calling running the brothel. Still struggling with her new powers, Anne Hale (Tamzin Merchant) continues to imprison her husband Cotton Mather (Seth Gabel), using her familiar Brown Jenkins. With the help of Baron Sebastian Marburg (Joe Doyle) and his old ally and fallen angel, The Sentinel (Samuel Roukin), the devil is planning a massive attack and war with God that will culminate in the ultimate showdown between good and evil!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...