Sky Wizards Academy (Simuldub Discussion)

Koby

smpQ8dz.jpg
MAL

Synopsis: The story is set in a world where humanity, driven off the land by the threat of magical armored insects, now live in aerial floating cities. Thus wizards—aerial combat mages who fight the insects with magical powers—came into being.

Kanata Age is a young man who lives on the floating wizard academy city of "Misutogan." He was once celebrated as the "Black Master Swordsman," the elite ace of the S128 special team; however, he is now despised as the "traitor of the special team." One day, he is assigned as the instructor of E601, a team that has suffered ten consecutive defeats. E601 has three girls—Misora Whitale, Lecty Eisenach, and Rico Flamel—with one or two peculiar quirks.

• Like 1

This anime is trying to be bad and it shows. Crappy CG, crappy animation, lack of detail, high contrast, blur, crappy cliches, cookie-cutter characters, cookie-cutter plot. Is there anything original about this show? Is there any merit to this? I certainly didn't find it after episode one.

This show was something I passed on watching this season because it didn't seem like it'd be something worth watching, however I picked it up and gave it a chance because FUNimation was doing a Broadcast Dub (aka Simuldub) and I figured why not?

What is up with all the girls screaming 'pervert' and acting like the MC is trying to rape them? One girl drops her jelly toast on his crotch after running into him because she was rushing and not paying attention and them blames him for it and says he was molesting her breakfast and starts screaming. The next girl walks up to him while he's washing the jelly off his pants and starts screaming rape because he didn't have pants on... Could she not clearly see he was washing his pants before she walked up?

• Like 2

I don't even know why the MC is being called traitor. It's pretty much the only unknown and curiosity as to why is about the only reason I could see someone watching further; but I don't even care to watch 11 more episodes just to see if that is ever explained.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Koby they sort of explained it in either episode 1 or episode 2. If I remember correctly its because he refused to fight the bad bugs.

This is wrong. He fights the bugs (unbeknownst to others) but doesn't go to his team's ranked matches and stuff like that.

Yeah, I ended up watching episode 2 after all even though I marked the show as dropped after episode one. lol. I don't know why I did, but anyhow they explained in episode 2 that basically he went out to fight with his team and he was the only one to return and then while being a bad ass apparently never does his team ranked matches. Anyhow episode 2 was a bit better than episode 1, but there's still no real reason to continue watching or anything that makes this show not just a waste of time.

• Like 1

Episode 3 actually had some decent team building and discovering their own weaknesses. I wonder why pinkie was so adamant about keeping her weapon even if it's not the right option for her abilities. We'll likely figure out in episode 4, but it's pretty clear that MC didn't know as much about her as he originally thought.

• Like 1

What the heck is the point in the 'naturals' losing their memories of a sky wizard ever existing upon their death? Seems pretty pointless, especially when they bring the family the wizards weapon... If they don't even remember they exist; it'd be pretty pointless to give them a weapon of someone they don't know.

They spent an entire episode on the revelation that pink-hairs mother died and was forgotten and hence why she wants to stick to her sword so badly. Talk about a slow paced episode.

• Like 1

Meh this weeks episode was basically all about getting Rico to finally decide to join the rest of the group for the rank battles. We did learn that Kanata apparently can't use much magic for some reason as shown with him being exhausted of magic after a single attack and yet he was once apparently some bad ass. I don't really understand how the public view of him became so twisted if he was some big hero before; surely they'd have understood if the issue was explained. Anyhow the pacing is pretty bad all things considered. We're still just in the learning/training stages and yet the season is just about half over already. I don't get why so many shows this season seem to be wasting more than 3/4's of their cour and just having all the story progression in the last few episodes.

• Like 1

Kanata made quick work of that Chimera. He's definitely a force to be reckoned with. We still don't know what's up with his magical exhaustion though. He runs out almost immediately. Misora mentioned something about his ability not being magic but actually being something else entirely; I wonder if she was just blowing smoke or if there is something to that; maybe Kanata actually doesn't have any magical ability at all and has found a way around that? Something probably happened in his past that caused him to be this way; I doubt it was always as such.

Seems the rank battles are finally starting next week!

• Like 1