Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation

Koby

Online RPG Game 'Phantasy Star Online 2' Gets TV Anime Adaptation for 2016

It was announced by Sega at an event in Okinawa and posted on its official website that online RPG game Phantasy Star Online 2 will receive a TV anime adaptation. It will feature an original story that takes place on Earth in the near future.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is the direct sequel of the original series that was published by Sega. The game was released for Microsoft Windows on July 4, 2012 and for PlayStation Vita on February 28, 2013. The mobile game titled Phantasy Star Online 2es became available for the Android platform on April 7, 2014 and for iOS on May 14, 2014.

Wow, Phantasy Star Anime. That should be different.
One of my favorite game series. Heh, I still have the genesis cartidges for PSIII & PSIV.

I really loved playing Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst back in the day with all the members of Kametsu who joined up. We played on the private server Schtserv. I ended up getting all the rare items possible besides the s-ranks and the weapons made from the parasitic gene flow (Olga never would drop the PGF for me). Loved going around owning zones in Ultimate with an already maxed out FOnewearl at only level 140 when max level was still 60 away haha.

Haven't had the chance to play PSO2 but I am definitely interested in the anime coming out.

• Like 2

Unfortunately you wont get this chance anymore, thanks to a large scale DDOS attack the PSO2 servers are now ip locked to anyone outside japan thus we're all fubarred i'm sure theres a way around it but i imagine it to be horribly complicated not to mention that their TOS forbids anyone from being outside of japan so just playing you can get banned and thus all your work wasted

EDIT: apparently sega likes to make an ass out of me, the block has been lifted so you should be able to play go get that shit downloaded because i'm going to play soon as i get frigging home lol

• 3 weeks later...

95% certain that will be a japan only release as well so its not of any importance since sega seems to think that pso2 isnt worth bringing to america been playing for about 3 weeks now and its been a real blast

Somewhat disappointed by the trailer considering it looks like schoolkids playing pso2 rather then being set in the universe itself which would've been fairly cool

Oh God.

While I'm a fan of .hack//, I just want this influx of mmo based anime to end.

It especially hurts since aside from a mobile game Guilty Dragon, and .hack//bullet(web novel) we have no new content on .hack//, even though the story is clearly not concluded.

Oh well.

As for this, my excitement was quickly killed. I hoped it would be an adaptation of the game's story. BUT NOPE. NOPE. NOOOOPE.

Ixion Saga still best mmo adaptation. I need to complete watching this someday.

• 2 weeks later...

Sega Announces 'Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation' Supporting Cast
Sega has announced additional voice cast members for the upcoming TV series Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation at a stage event at Tokyo Game Show 2015. Lead seiyuu M.A.O, Shouta Aoi, and Ayaka Suwa were present at the event.

Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation will air on TBS and other networks in 2016. It was also announced that Aoi will perform the theme song for the series. The song will be performed for the first time at the Phantasy Star Online Series 15th Anniversary Concert at Pacifico Yokohama on November 23, 2015. Tickets for the concert cost between ¥7,500 and ¥9,500.

Cast
Kouta Kayano: Nobunaga Shimazaki (Ore Monogatari!!)
Masaya Kudou: Takuya Satou (Cardfight!! Vanguard)
Mika Konoe: Rie Murakawa (Etotama)
Yutaka Sasaki: Aki Kanada (Metal Fight Beyblade)
Seiya Urisaka: Shun Horie
Mayu Urisaka: Minami Kabayama (Million Doll)
SORO: Tessyo Genda (Kyoukai no Rinne (TV))

• Like 1

Oddly looking forward to this, was a big fan of PSO I played it a fair amount of PC, played some Dreamcast, hell even got it on GameCube for some split-screen action, played a bit of PSU on 360 but fell off after that.

Always want to get into PSO2 and I had the translation patch working and everything just never commited myself to it :( maybe the Anime can convince me to try again.

• 4 months later...

I dropped the show 5 minutes into episode 4. I tried to give it a chance, but this didn't even feel like an anime; it's just some big advertisement for the MMO that barely even features any time inside the MMO to even showcase the thing it's advertising. Instead we get unbalanced and weird dialogues between students about random stuff, and everyone seems to know everyone who plays anyone in the game. Every few moments it has to remind us that it's called PSO2 and that it's made by SEGA.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...