GATE: Thus the JSDF Fought There!

Koby

it was a great ep im to tiered to disect it right now

since i recently read the manga through ch 48

ill say that one scene in the ep was changed alot and it made it not as important. its when the bullets were being expelled from rory

in the manga itami first picked her and took here from the battle field to the bathroom and attempted to treat her wonds

it better showed his concern

i think it was a better way for the scene to happen than in the anime

yes i know both are based on the LN so i cant say one is more acurate than the other

but i dont think it was tranlated yet

Edited by Pikanet128

Piña Co Lada best girl. Rory sure went off on those soldiers and still pissed at Itami for not doing her.
lol, at that chick mentioning Itami would Luna the most for her looks, Rory for her personality, and would feel the need to protect the 'plantinum blonde' Lelei. Funny how anime tend to calls blue-haired people blondes a lot.

Back through the GATE we go. All that really happened in Japan was a bunch of countries trying and failing to capture the 'visitors'. Time for Piña Co Lada to return to her father and try to reason with him. I don't see him agreeing to anything she has to say though and I feel he'll ultimately lead his Empire into doom. Itami will probably have to take him out and force Piña Co Lada to reign as leader in her fathers stead to get any head-way towards peace.

• Like 1

So Dark Elf girl wants to hire the JSDF to kill the wounded Dragon, which they left wounded, lol. She's willing to give them some adamantine and her own body to do so.

Pino Co Lada getting things started on her path to peace. I still don't see the Emperor agreeing to anything. He seems the type who'd rather lead his army to certain death than to agree to terms or surrender.

Rory still being the typical slut that she's apparently been reduced to.

• Like 1

This episode was more laid back than the previous.  Rory likes Itami, for sure and wants to get it on with him, Itami is either ignoring it or is clueless. As for the Dark Elf, the scene in the bar was funny. 

It will be good to see how the talks with the empire and the plea from the Dark Elf go. Episode 12 will probably be delayed as well.

'Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There!' Announced to Air in Split Cours
It was announced after the final episode of Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There! that the series will broadcast in split cours, with the second half to premiere in January 2016. According to a preview released, it will cover the "Flames Dragon Arc".

The first season aired from July 4, 2015 to September 19, 2015 for a course of 12 episodes. It adapts the light novel written by Takumi Yanai with illustrations done by Kurojishi and Daisuke Izuka. The light novel consisted of five volumes that published from April 12, 2010 to December 22, 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPfeTTcZGhs

• Like 2

Everything this season has been pretty lackluster, predictable, cliche, and generic; unfortunately even GATE was no exception to this. After initially being stated to be 24 episodes, they've decided to split it up and take a season break before doing the 2nd cour in January. The entire first 12 episodes of this has been nothing more than build-up for some big event that may or may not ever actually happened and it doesn't really seem like the second cour will get to that point either as it's mostly doing to be about the battle against the Fire Dragon it seems.

Ended up keeping this show at the 5/10 rating I gave it after the first two episodes. There was nothing to make me want to change it. The only interesting characters are Pina Co Lada and Lelei. The rest are just there for the generic cliches and fan-service.

• Like 1

Koby, I still keep it at 4 out of 5. This season was leading up to something, too bad we will not see it until next year :(

Thanks for your input on this anime and others as well. It's nice reading them and gives me a better perspective of the anime I watch.

Well for comparison sake, my average rating currently according to MAL is 5.83/10 from over 900 entries. 5/10 is what I rate 'average' shows to me. Some people tend to use 7/10 for that. A 4/5 would be an 8/10, and to me, 8-10/10 is reserved for something that either had excellent entertainment value or brought something unique to the table and remained interesting through every week. I've gotten a bit stricter with my acceptance and rating of anime as I've seen more entries and gotten older, and the same kind of stuff doesn't interest me like it use to. I'm not really into heavy fanservice type anime, and I don't like the moe and loli anime either. I'm very picky about picking up any new slice of life style series as well... so the majority of what I pick up lately has been sci-fi, action, adventure, drama, mystery. I'm also getting a bit tired of the whole mecha trope; but seems I'm picking up like 2-3 shows for Fall that involve mecha lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was hoping the two cours would run back to back but it seems to be a common thing these days to do split-cours for the few shows that do actually get more than a single cour green lit. So I guess it shouldn't have been that much of a surprise. Unfortunately this first cour was mostly just setup and intros. So I hope the meat of the story is within the next season.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well with the Emperor now apparently dead due to poisoning, it seems his son will likely be taking over and with that change it seems like war is definitely in the future. Peace negotiations don't stand a chance if he takes over as all he wants is blood. I wonder if Pina Co Lada has any chance of being the one to take over to ensure things head in a peaceful manner? If not, I can actually see a civil war of the Empire taking place with Pina being on one side and her brother on the other.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...