Dragon Ball Super

Koby

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2016 at 6:59 AM, bgssgs said:

Just got caught up with this, it's really good! I don't understand why some people had a problem with the art style, I personally loved it

It's some of the worst animation i have ever seen in an anime, possibly the worst. I could give you hundreds of examples ( not an exaggeration ) of poor animation in this show. If they held this show back by one more year then it could have been good, but they just had to rush it. I still to this day think this show is a stain on the franchise, much more than Dragon Ball GT. GT had it's problems but this show is on a different level, and i don't just mean the animation either. Pretty much everything just seems so unlike a Dragon Ball show to me. Every episode seem's to have problems. It's like a parody fan made Dragon Ball anime........actually, that is unfair on the fans, they could do a much better job than this.

I just can't take it serious as a fan. I find it to be a insult to people that have followed this franchise for so long.

Urgh, i gotta stop reading up about this show, it makes me rant too much xD

I leave my 26 year old brain out at the door and enjoy the show.:) Loving the journey sprinkled with callbacks. The sustained tension of DBZ or GT level isn't there. But i always loved first DragonBall more than Z or GT.:)

[HorribleSubs] Dragon Ball Super - 83 [720p].mkv 542.9 MB
[HorribleSubs] Dragon Ball Super - 83 [1080p].mkv 534.6 MB

ROFL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Wizface2137 said:

My friend thinks making Goku seem like a villain is supposed to be a joke but makes people agree, but I kinda think Goku's always been a bit of a villain. What say you peeps?

I don't think they've changed his character any, or really even made him a villain. He's always been the aloof absent minded type of person with nothing on his mind besides finding the next tough opponent to fight. They've just been making it more obvious in this arc by up-playing some of those characteristics. As for the whole villain thing about causing some universes to be wiped out, it's been pointed out numerous times in the show that it was already planned before Goku, only now because of him, some have a chance not to be wiped, when before they just would have been wiped. So if anything I think that puts him in a nicer limelight than that Universe 11 guy was trying to make it seem. That said Goku could have lost that one fight and everyone be safe, but it's just not in his nature to throw a fight typically and he was specifically told that he couldn't do so there. If he had, Zeno would have been mad.

• Like 1

That's all pretty valid. Great point about getting zeno angry lol. I suppose villain was a poor choice of words though, maybe more anti-hero, typically leaning negative since the positive results are usually accidents and would typically end up horribly if Goku werent so lucky lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I still watch it every weekend. It has its flaws and doesn't reach the highs of Dragon Ball Z, but it's still fun to watch. Toriyama's outline really affects the quality of this show since Toei has to create the bulk of the content on their own. In my opinion, Toyotaro is a poor substitute.    

Edited by Xykan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started watching around half way through the current arc. I knew there was a new Dragonball cartoon but just never got around to watching the show. Finally watched the new movies they put out a few weeks ago then jumped into the current arc. I'm liking it so far. Definitely going to have to find the time to go back and watch the previous arcs.