Dragon Ball Super

Koby

On 3/21/2016 at 7:21 PM, fabrebatalla18 said:

For me this anime has lost all sense, perhaps it is because I am no longer a child and I see it with new eyes.

Nope. I never watched Dragon ball in whole as a child. I only watched it a few years ago and  enjoyed DB+DBZ very much. Hated DBGT, just like the people that watched it a decade ago before me and I'm starting to hate super as well for almost the same reason I hated GT. 

It's becoming too cheesy and feels like it targets kids exclusively while throwing away everything that made the series great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trunks reaction to Mirai Trunks reaction to seeing Mai and talking to her the way he did was pretty funny. Seemed like Bulma put it together and realized what the ordeal was judging by her reaction. It's pretty obviously hinted at that Black isn't actually Goku or even much less a Saiyan, but it does beg to question how, when, and where he managed to take possession of Goku's body. Seems we'll be dealing with something from Universe 10 in regards to Black, and he's got a Time Ring that apparently is suppose to belong to a Kaioshin. On top of that there is still the issue of the earring that resembles Potara, but then the new character created by such fusion is suppose to be a mix of the two people, but Black seems to solely be Goku's body with someone else running it, so that doesn't really seem to be the case.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2016 at 9:50 PM, Koby said:

Trunks reaction to Mirai Trunks reaction to seeing Mai and talking to her the way he did was pretty funny. Seemed like Bulma put it together and realized what the ordeal was judging by her reaction. It's pretty obviously hinted at that Black isn't actually Goku or even much less a Saiyan, but it does beg to question how, when, and where he managed to take possession of Goku's body. Seems we'll be dealing with something from Universe 10 in regards to Black, and he's got a Time Ring that apparently is suppose to belong to a Kaioshin. On top of that there is still the issue of the earring that resembles Potara, but then the new character created by such fusion is suppose to be a mix of the two people, but Black seems to solely be Goku's body with someone else running it, so that doesn't really seem to be the case.

i believe i read somewhere that a new kai was black and he/she took the forum of goku to try and gain his power?

So looks like DBS will be taking another week break right after getting back from a week break, but episode 53 seems like it'll

Spoiler

introduce Zamasu (the green Kai from Universe 10).

He's been shown in the opening for the last few weeks now anyways:

Skip to 50 seconds in.

He is apparently who Whis & Beerus think has the same Ki as Black.

• Like 1

I didn't see any discussion about this, besides on the communities r/DBZ and Kanzenshuu, but we'll be expecting an extended version of Revival 'F' coming August 27th. It is estimated that their will be about 12 minutes of extra footage according to the time slot information. Note this is with commercials removed. --> 2016年8月27日(土)21:00~23:10 (※一部地域を除く)

We expect it to be footage of Future Trunks, most likely it will be only exclusively Future Trunks footage.

Edited by testing123
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2016 at 8:18 PM, testing123 said:

I didn't see any discussion about this, besides on the communities r/DBZ and Kanzenshuu, but we'll be expecting an extended version of Revival 'F' coming August 27th. It is estimated that their will be about 12 minutes of extra footage removed - according to the time slot information. Note this is with commercials removed. --> 2016年8月27日(土)21:00~23:10 (※一部地域を除く)

We expect it to be footage of Future Trunks, most likely it will be only exclusively Future Trunks footage.

" about 12 minutes of extra footage removed"

Something seems wrong with that...

On 7/31/2016 at 4:02 PM, testing123 said:

Last night was a pretty good episode. Zamasu has a really great voice actor!

Still waiting on [DragonTeam]. I don't watch those other groups with their GoogleTranslate subs.

3 hours ago, Koby said:

" about 12 minutes of extra footage removed"

Something seems wrong with that...

Still waiting on [DragonTeam]. I don't watch those other groups with their GoogleTranslate subs.

I've edited it. It should be that there is 12 minutes of extra footage. :P

DT is the only subtitle group I watch. My information of the episode comes from Herms and various other Japanese speakers.

Really liked the Goku VS Zamasu fight. It seems that Zamasu has the same beliefs for the humanity as Black has and jusging by the episode's facts and standards it seems like we finally found out Goku Black's true identity. I'm finally satisfied with Super's animation quality and I'm amazed by Toriyama and Toei's work so far during this saga. It's finally time to start showing Trunks' determination as an individual and for Vegeta to show him God powers so they can use them in their fight against Black.

One last thing that really worries me is the fact that the synopsis of this arc stated that this fight will involve Omni King and Gods of Destruction so I can speculate that Black will probably be a real threat to the balance of the remaining 12 Universes. Anyway, haven't been this excited for a Dragon Ball adaptation since Z so I believe that the show is in a perfect route right now and I definitely recommend it to anyone! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, nibirr said:

I dont know why today's episode was rescheduled again...!!

There is no episode on Sundays. They air on Saturday, and it wasn't rescheduled; it simply wasn't scheduled in the first place.

Why? Because the Olympics was aired during the timeslot it airs in this weekend.

54 minutes ago, Koby said:

There is no episode on Sundays. They air on Saturday, and it wasn't rescheduled; it simply wasn't scheduled in the first place.

Why? Because the Olympics was aired during the timeslot it airs in this weekend.

Depends on the location you're at. I'm usually up to date on Reddit posting tables like this for newcomers who are just watching the show live. In Japan, the show airs on Sunday but in the United States it airs on Saturday.

Time Zone Location Time Date
HST UTC-10 Honolulu 14:00 → 14:30 2016/08/20
PDT UTC-7 San Francisco 17:00 → 17:30 2016/08/20
MDT UTC-6 Denver 18:00 → 18:30 2016/08/20
CDT UTC-5 Chicago 19:00 → 19:30 2016/08/20
EDT UTC-4 New York 20:00 → 20:30 2016/08/20
BRT UTC-3 Rio de Janeiro 21:00 → 21:30 2016/08/20
BST UTC+1 London 01:00 → 01:30 2016/08/21
CEST UTC+2 Vienna 02:00 → 02:30 2016/08/21
IST UTC+5.5 Mumbai 05:30 → 06:00 2016/08/21
SGT UTC+8 Singapore 08:00 → 08:30 2016/08/21
JST UTC+9 Tokyo 09:00 → 09:30 2016/08/21
AEST UTC+10 Sydney 10:00 → 10:30 2016/08/21
NZST UTC+12 Auckland 12:00 → 12:30 2016/08/21
Edited by testing123
kek fixed the dates

11 minutes ago, yaris-04 said:

I have noticed a slight difference between the animation and the manga (i don't want to spoil you ) anyone confirm it

Anime is not an adaptation of the manga. In fact the anime started first, then the manga came about. The manga skipped over a lot of stuff and rushed into a new arc.

• Like 2

While i am enjoying the series so far and i believe that it has a lot of potential, there is something which has been annoying me. 

I enjoy the comedy stuff for what it is, i just think there is too much of it. I would rather have all the comedy stuff seperated from the more serious story. If they're gonna have Pilaf and his gang clowning around, fine. Just have filler episodes with this stuff. 

Back in DBZ, most of the childish comedy was inserted into filler episodes. While i understand the super anime isn't being adapted from the manga, i'd rather be able to watch a full episode which mainly takes the plot seriously, rather then having comedy moments constantly being almost forced into the show.