Simuldubs of Summer 2015

Koby

No Dragon Ball Super by the looks of things which is a surprise since DBZ is Funimation's most popular anime

That's probably something more to do with Toei than anything. They're pretty funny about what they do and don't allow. It's because of them that FUNi isn't able to release One Piece currently on Blu-ray, etc... Toei was also pretty specific on what they wanted done when they first started letting One Piece be simulcast too.

Also we haven't seen any Simuldubs being done for shows longer than a single cour so far, so maybe there is some kind of stipulation such as them not wanting to do long shows this way. I don't know, but I do know FUNi will dub DB Super one way or another.

• Like 1

No Dragon Ball Super by the looks of things which is a surprise since DBZ is Funimation's most popular anime

That's probably something more to do with Toei than anything. They're pretty funny about what they do and don't allow. It's because of them that FUNi isn't able to release One Piece currently on Blu-ray, etc... Toei was also pretty specific on what they wanted done when they first started letting One Piece be simulcast too.

Also we haven't seen any Simuldubs being done for shows longer than a single cour so far, so maybe there is some kind of stipulation such as them not wanting to do long shows this way. I don't know, but I do know FUNi will dub DB Super one way or another.

I totally agree with Koby on this one regarding the Toei issues and the fact that FUNi will most definitely dub Super in the end (if you take into account the success of the dub releases of BoG and Resurrection F it's the most logical thought). Although, another that's been bugging me is if FUNi will release the Buu saga of Kai. I have no idea if they will release it or not! ://

Anyway, if checkem does any of the new series I would be more than glad to release them like Seraph and the rest (although I'm not that thrilled about Sky Wizards Academy cause imo it's a totally shit series. Would love for him to work on GANGSTA and Prison School AND Overlord of course - if FUNi dubs it which they should cause it's an amazing new series for the July season)!!

Edited by Imagine Breaker

the problem with super is everything has to pass thro FOX first

I'm pretty sure that issue was corrected after the issue with BoGs and FOX pretty much stating that they didn't intend for their license to be so vague as to in-compass the anime series too.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry if I am asking a stupid question...

What is a Simul-dub?

and how is differs from the original dub

It's a quick dub intended to get it out there for streaming as quickly as possible to compete with Simulcasts. Apparently they go back and do some extra work and such for the final product for the dvd/blu-ray release. As to what changes if any are made, we don't know. We just know that they said there could be more work.

• Like 2

sorry if I am asking a stupid question...

What is a Simul-dub?

and how is differs from the original dub

It's a quick dub intended to get it out there for streaming as quickly as possible to compete with Simulcasts. Apparently they go back and do some extra work and such for the final product for the dvd/blu-ray release. As to what changes if any are made, we don't know. We just know that they said there could be more work.

we dont know because it has never happened yet

none of the simuldubs have had a bluray or dvd release yet

Funimation calls simuldubs, Broadcast Dubs

but thats to long a name

also most tags are only one word

so I (I Guess Some Other people were thinking the same thing) called them simuldubs

Assassination Classroom was tecnically 2 cours

so do you think there going to wait for the dubbletalk block to clear out because its really uneven right now

with assasination classroom only having 22 eps (plus that skipped week so 23 weeks) and BBB having ep 10.5 its all unballenced

I think so yes, they have broadcast dubs planned for gangsta. they might announce it tonight or next week.