Digimon Cybersleuth

megagold5

Well, looks like a proper Digimon game is coming to NA/EU.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqx63_LOii0

And because I can't leave it alone without being really sour about it - There will be no dub.

I really hate Bamco sometimes. If obscure JRPGs from Compile Heart can get dubs, EVERYTHING Bamco puts out should be able to get one, let alone something as big-name as Digimon.

No english dub turns me off in a HUGE way.

I don't see why they can't dub it. I really don't.

Well, quite refreshing to see somebody agree with me about the dub. Everywhere else I have just been met with the ususal dub hate that seems to be all the rage these days.

Well, quite refreshing to see somebody agree with me about the dub. Everywhere else I have just been met with the ususal dub hate that seems to be all the rage these days.

Don't get me wrong... I want to support the game...

It's just... you know...

I DON'T SPEAK JAPANESE.

Watching stuff and reading at the same time (like watching subbed anime) is harder than people make it out to be. Trust me. I've watched a few subbed animes before.

:sweat:

It's just... you know...

I DON'T SPEAK JAPANESE.

Watching stuff and reading at the same time (like watching subbed anime) is harder than people make it out to be. Trust me. I've watched a few subbed animes before.

True that.

My biggest issue is with games though. Particularly ones where characters are talking during gameplay. I refuse to believe that people can be fighting a hard boss effectively whilst also reading all the dialogue between them. it just cant be done, I tried it with the first Saint Seiya game on PS3.

Still enjoyed the game for the most part though, it should be said.

This all being said, I am too much of a Digimon fan not to buy it anyways, who am I kidding.

Edited by megagold5

It's just... you know...

I DON'T SPEAK JAPANESE.

True that.

My biggest issue is with games though. Particularly ones where characters are talking during gameplay. I refuse to believe that people can be fighting a hard boss effectively whilst also reading all the dialogue between them. it just cant be done, I tried it with the first Saint Seiya game on PS3.

Still enjoyed the game for the most part though, it should be said.

This all being said, I am too much of a Digimon fan not to buy it anyways, who am I kidding.

Yeah. That's likely what will happen to me too.

This way I'll at least be supporting the series.

I won't be making a final decision though until it gets closer to release.

• 3 months later...

Pretty excited for this. Haven't played a Digimon game since Digimon World 3, and some of the aspects of Cyber Sleuth remind me a lot of it.

I don't mind no dub. I do prefer dubs so that it's in a language I can understand, but if a game is sub only, then I definitely don't mind dealing with it. I understand why they aren't dubbing it. They obviously don't have much faith in a Digimon game doing well outside of Japan, and the sales of Digimon All-Star Rumble probably didn't help with that mindset of theirs. This is probably them testing the waters to see how it does. If it has great success, then we might see more Digimon games and actually see them get English dubs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...