SOTW #199: God Eater - closed

Alice

mv77.png

SIGNATURE OF THE WEEK #199

Theme: God Eater

RULES:

• All entries are to be submitted by Wednesday, July 1st.
  • Your entry must be related to the chosen theme.
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Signatures must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.
  • Pre-made signatures are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • In addition to your entry, please also submit a theme idea for next week's competition. Please check the SOTW Themes thread to make sure your theme has not already been used.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.
  • Only entries should be posted until voting begins. Anything besides entries and staff announcements will be treated as spam and will be deleted. Comments, criticism, and discussions should be saved for voting. Exceptions such as theme clarification will be allowed at the discretion of the Graphics Team.
  • Complaints about the theme will not be tolerated, as this is disrespectful to the previous winner. As such, these posts will be deleted.

VOTING

RULES:

• All votes are to be submitted by Friday, July 3rd.
  • To vote, reply to this thread, listing your top three signatures IN ORDER. First place gets three points, second gets two points, third gets one point; the person with the most points wins.
  • Along with your vote, you may say why you picked the signatures you picked, and/or leave constructive criticism for any entry you wish. Do not feel that you have to, but you may if you want.
  • Keep in mind the theme and the connection between the theme and the signature. Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.
  • Avoid favoritism.
  • You may not vote for yourself.

EXAMPLE:

Sally - Fit the theme the best.
Bob - Text could have been better.
Anna - Render placement was a little off.

ENTRIES:

ParasiteEve

tumblr_nqmp6qlBcZ1rcxwm9o1_500.png

Ermys

Emryssig16v1.jpg

Vaux

Sotw_Livie_zpslty1wea1.jpg

Alice-chan

Ubn1vhA.png

dn_angel000

2rcwqjr.jpg

Edited by Alice-chan

Eve's entry isn't loading for me. Something has been up with tinypic for the last week and doesn't seem to want to load at all.

Hmm...I can see it perfectly...

Here you go.  I loaded it on mine for you.  This is ParasiteEve's

i4VoPWs.png

Edited by Alice-chan

Eve's entry isn't loading for me. Something has been up with tinypic for the last week and doesn't seem to want to load at all.

Probably cause it's so bad, tinypic was trying doing everyone a favor by not showing it xD

Anyhow, hopefully I fixed it.

I doubt that.

The tinypic website loads for me, but any actual uploaded image seems to hang. I think it might be a routing issue between one of their many servers and the DNS servers, but IDK. Hopefully it'll work itself out soon. I use Google's OpenDNS rather than my ISP's DNS for my web browsing as it's usually updated more frequently and such.

dn_angel000 - the ripple effect works so well with the renders flowing hair

Emrys - the layout, colour and perspective make it very strong and striking

ParasiteEve -the colours in the background work beautifully I'd just have been tempted to add more sparkle/lightning around her hand/arm.

Alice-chan - Gives the feel/effect of a watercolour, the only thing I'm not sure about is the mosaic effect. There's a diagonal sub theme to the image (the blue in the bg & the render) so with it not following trend looks confusing.