SOTW #196: Alice in Wonderland [CLOSED]

Alice

mv77.png

SIGNATURE OF THE WEEK #196

Theme: Alice in Wonderland

RULES:

• All entries are to be submitted by Wednesday, June 10th.
  • Your entry must be related to the chosen theme.
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Signatures must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.
  • Pre-made signatures are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • In addition to your entry, please also submit a theme idea for next week's competition. Please check the SOTW Themes thread to make sure your theme has not already been used.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.
  • Only entries should be posted until voting begins. Anything besides entries and staff announcements will be treated as spam and will be deleted. Comments, criticism, and discussions should be saved for voting. Exceptions such as theme clarification will be allowed at the discretion of the Graphics Team.
  • Complaints about the theme will not be tolerated, as this is disrespectful to the previous winner. As such, these posts will be deleted.

VOTING

RULES:

• All votes are to be submitted by Friday, June 12th.
  • To vote, reply to this thread, listing your top three signatures IN ORDER. First place gets three points, second gets two points, third gets one point; the person with the most points wins.
  • Along with your vote, you may say why you picked the signatures you picked, and/or leave constructive criticism for any entry you wish. Do not feel that you have to, but you may if you want.
  • Keep in mind the theme and the connection between the theme and the signature. Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.
  • Avoid favoritism.
  • You may not vote for yourself.

EXAMPLE:

Sally - Fit the theme the best.
Bob - Text could have been better.
Anna - Render placement was a little off.

ENTRIES:

ParasiteEve

tumblr_npjpq3vnWG1rcxwm9o1_500.png

snakebite

Sotw_alice_zpsnn8jeh55.jpg

Alice-chan

e3t8cDi.png

LimitLess

alice_in_wonderland___queen_of_hearts___

Koby

vpW7hsa.png

Edited by Apollo

First graphical work in like 3+ years. Also keep in mind it was done with a fresh install of PS CS5 and absolutely no brushes, textures, or patterns have been installed... so I did this with just default stuff.

vpW7hsa.png

Rusty as hell, but it'd have been better if I took the time to add all my stuff back into the program for use.

EDIT: Forgot theme.

THEME: ef ~ a tale of memories

Edited by Koby
added theme
  • Like 3

ParasiteEve - Really love this entry. Don't really have anything to say about it.

Alice-chan - Not a fan of that border, but at least it's a try at something different.

Limitless - Could have blended a bit better.

-----

Since when did voting go back to this instead of the poll?

Snakebite, wasn't really digging the blurriness of the card. I get that it's part of the blending technique on the stock/render and it looked nice on the rest, but that card just draws too much attention and looks weird so blurred.

Everyone did really well this week. :) I feel like my own entry is the only one I would say really wasn't up to par.

Since when did voting go back to this instead of the poll?

We do the poll when there is less than 4 entries.  Apollo and I found that polls were causing too many ties and we couldn't have this voting unless we had four or more.  So we decided it was best to have this voting when we had a big turn out and the polls when we have two or three.

Alice-chan - I love the colour blend in the background it's so vibrant, I think I'd drop the drop-shadow/outerglow and go for a flat white border.

Parasite Eve - All blends together really well, I just find the glow loses some of the detail 

Limitless - The lighting works well and gives a striking image. I'd be tempted to remove the card in the background, it's quite busy there. I can't read the white text, it needs to be bigger

Snakebite, wasn't really digging the blurriness of the card. I get that it's part of the blending technique on the stock/render and it looked nice on the rest, but that card just draws too much attention and looks weird so blurred.

I was trying to achieve a limited depth of field on her face, but I understand it stick out and probably wanted a weaker blur