Marvel's Daredevil (2015 TV Series)

AnimeLocal

Has anyone checked out Netflix's new original programming of Marvel's Daredevil? I watched it the first weekend it came out and within the first few episodes I was hooked. At the end, I was like, so when is season 2 coming out? Lucky for me that they did renew it (they would be morons not to).

I was always saying how DC did shows better than Marvel, and Daredevil comes along and blows my mind. Charlie Cox (you might know him from Broadwalk Empire or Stardust) does an amazing job as Matt Murdock. The action is fantastic as it's gritty and well done. Espically that one shot hallway fight scene.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Predaking-117 said:

So...what'd you all think of Season 2. Granted, it had its faults, but still another great season. And of course, one of the positives is John Bernthal's portrayal of the Punisher. Hope we him in one of the MCU movies too.

The Punisher was awesome. Elektra on the other hand bogged down every scene she was in. I just didn't like Elektra in this at all and it slowed down my watching of the show as I kept putting it off as a result. DD himself seemed to have taken a backseat to Punisher and Elektra this season so I'm hoping he steps up his game in season 3, especially since it looks like those two will most likely be out of the picture. I'm definitely going to be checking into The Punisher when that series starts up though!

• Like 1

Thought season 2 overall was decent. I did not mind that Punisher and elektra took some of the screen time away from DD as they were new to the series and had to be developed as characters. It still had a good amount of action still and i was glad that Wilson Fisk is being set up to return as a main antagonist. So is there going to be a Punisher series aswell then? Too many Marvel live action spin offs to keep up with i feel. I would rather them have less as next there is luke Kage and then iron fist getting their own series aswell as Jessica Jones season 2.

I think that, considering the amount of story arcs going around, this season was really good. First we have the Punisher origins, then the return of Elektra and how that messes with Matt's life, then they discover about The Hand's plot and return to the Punisher story. All in all, it was very organized and gives a sense of progression. A lot of shows and movies (looking at you, BvS) can't handle two ideas without spending the entire time circling the same place.

The action, comic references and acting was top notch, too.

I loved season 2.Hopefully there is a Punisher spin-off. I liked how DareDevil season 2 ended. 

I kind of think that if there was such a thing as superheroes they would be like the Punisher, not like Dare Devil, Batman or any other hero who refuses to kill. Because why go through the trouble of capturing a bad guy only for that bad guy to later escape and kill more people? Catch and release might work well  when it comes to fishing, but I do not think it would work well when it comes to bad guys.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2016 at 4:53 PM, Thomas_JCG said:

Yep. The true mystery is: Will it be any good?

Sure Punisher was cool as f***, but can badassery alone carry a show? He is such a bi-dimensional character, he suffers for his family and kills every criminal he sees, period.

Did you not read Franken-Castle?

Edited by SommenRider

So Daredevil is getting a 3rd season, and I assume that will set up for what's to come in The Defenders. But we're not sure if Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and now Punisher, will at least have two seasons for themselves, regardless if any of them do show up in some form or another in the movies like Avengers 3 or whatever. Either way, can't wait to see all these upcoming Netflix shows.

4 hours ago, Predaking-117 said:

So Daredevil is getting a 3rd season, and I assume that will set up for what's to come in The Defenders.

No. Defenders will air before Daredevil will even be filmed. From the sounds of things, we'll be getting Luke Cage S1 first which will lead into Defenders S1 story, then we'll get Defenders S1 and Jessica Jones S2 around same time, and then Iron Fist S1, and then it's likely Daredevil S3. Punisher S1 seems last in line of all the current works.

4 hours ago, Predaking-117 said:

But we're not sure if Jessica Jones will at least have two seasons for themselves,

Season 2 was already announced for Jessica Jones, it's actually being filmed with The Defenders and is set during the same time frame so it's said that some 'overlap' with the story could exist between Defenders S1 and JJ S2.

• 8 months later...