BOTM: April/May - CLOSED

Apollo

10 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite!

• Yui: [img]http://i.imgur.com/U3acveu.png[/img]
    • Tsukumo Yuma: [img]http://i.imgur.com/LxYOIWjh.jpg[/img]
    • snakebite: [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/snakebite182/ken_botm_zpscdfcvty4.png[/img]

Banner_zps394d92d2.jpg

BANNER OF THE MONTH: April/May

RULES:

• All entries are to be submitted by May 24th.
  • Voting will take place between May 25th and May 31st.
  • The theme this month: NONE
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Banners must be your own work.
  • Entries are to be GIF or PNG format, and should be 1600 (or more) x160 pixels
  • Text must say KAMETSU not KAMETSU FORUMS!
  • Animated banners are allowed.
  • Pre-made banners are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.
Edited by Apollo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Extended due to lack of entries.

Do you know if any of the entries are still being added to the rotation? I haven't seen any entries from the last few months in the banners... 

You wikll have to talk to Koby about that.  That is not something that the GFX Team handles.  Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you know if any of the entries are still being added to the rotation? I haven't seen any entries from the last few months in the banners... 

You wikll have to talk to Koby about that.  That is not something that the GFX Team handles.  Thank you.

The reason I haven't is SakuraChan and Valdearg are the only ones with access currently and I've yet to be given any of the info to do it.

SakuraChan still hasn't even gotten the Kametsu Blog or Kametsu Project sites back online yet either.... :/

I'm not sure on the whole forum etiquette but anyways on a forum I used to be on we left some crit for people to try and help them improve so:

Crit

Yui

I see space, stars and a girls face, getting the feeling she's looking down from heaven? V1's background is a lot stronger and space like, while V2's sorta looks like a reflection on water. I like the lighting & texture in V2 it just doesn't read space as well as (if its supposed to be), since you lost a lot of the stars. Did you make the text in V1? It looks a lil miss matched with the varying widths of letters. Nice work on the girls face, the hairs really comes across well with the graphical lines, I'm just not sure what the blue splatter is, it really stands out in the V2 tho

Tsukumo

I get the whole she's underwater, (possibly a mermaid?) thing, but you missed a trick by not working the bubbles into the image more. You could have had Kametsu text in a bubble, rising up with the rest, something like this:

K_eg_zpsi9gu5oio.png

The colours really blend together well, the only thing that might have worked better was to tie the text into it more by using a colour already there, for example the orange of the fish or a white text with a darker blue stroke.

The other thing is the two light sources, there's normally just one sun, but its a great way to draw attention. I'm guessing you used lens flare? Try the lighting effects filter, it allows you to add a coloured tint to the light, as well as choose from a spotlight or a direction light. That's if you're using Photoshop atleast

I'm not sure on the whole forum etiquette but anyways on a forum I used to be on we left some crit for people to try and help them improve so:

We just ask that people wait on giving C&C during the entry session.

C&C is welcome during the voting process. :)

Most people don't take the time these days to leave C&C.

Some members get hurt when they take the C&C negatively rather than see it as a way to improve, but we hope people don't look at it this way.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason I haven't is SakuraChan and Valdearg are the only ones with access currently and I've yet to be given any of the info to do it.

SakuraChan still hasn't even gotten the Kametsu Blog or Kametsu Project sites back online yet either.... :/

Right ok I see, thanks for the update. lol an admin having restricted access to their site... what has this world come to -_-