Nintendo NX, Ideas?

DarkGanta

It'll probably be the 3DS 2 or something like a WiiU with a built in HDD.

I did read that it will be more like an everyday device (maybe?) built for some kind of new service that will interconnect your "smart" devices (Laptop, Phone, ect.) and Nintendo consoles (3DS, Wii U). So it probably won't just be a new Wii U model or 3DS 2, though nothing much is known at this point. Many think it will be tied to Nintendo's new customer program that's replacing Club NIntendo.

I should have posted this earlier, but here's a link to a news article on it if you guys want to read/hear what is known about it in more detail at the moment. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/first-details-of-nintendo-s-next-system-the-nx/1100-6425959/

• 3 months later...

According to this rumor (from a reliable source they say) the NX will not be stronger than the PS4:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/04/liam-robertson-nintendo-nx-is-not-aiming-to-compete-against-ps4-on-a-power-level/

All I can say is... Goddamnit Nintendo. You had ONE thing to do and you failed at that. Guess that throws the hope of having good third parties on a Nintendo console out the window.

I would be so disappointed if this rumor is true (which seems to be very likely).

Since it's not a replacement for the Wii U, it makes sense it won't be as powerful as PS4/Xbone. This is just a new system being introduced. I have two ideas as to what it might be. Most likely is that it's a machine dedicated to playing the mobile games Nintendo will be releasing in the near future, like an alternative to having a smart phone to play these games. Another short thought that crossed my mind was Virtual Reality. Sony has Morpheus so maybe Nintendo's getting into it with "NX". After all, they already had the early attempt of the Virtual Boy, so they seem like a company that'd be interested in VR. The biggest thing that breaks this apart is the power thing, I don't have any idea what kind of power a VR system levels at, but I'd imagine pretty high. That said, I still don't know anymore about it than anyone else who doesn't work for Nintendo, so we'll just have to wait until next year for info.

i think NX will most definetly be a mobile device.

i guess something like the wiiu gamepad, a tablet with buttons to game,  running on android.

or maybe... they gonna make it like a improved wiiu; have a consoe at homel with online streaming (meaning u can play with the tablet anywhere, anytime, as long as the nx console at home got a internet connection).

my guess is pure mobile, no console.

• Like 1

Satoru Iwata died :(

He was partly responsible for the GameCube so it's sad for me to hear. The GameCube was my first system I owned and my favorite one to date. He definately changed my life..

I read somewhere before that they want to make the handheld and console stuff easier to translate to do, I honestly hope and think they will make it both a handheld system and console. Especially since their console hadn't done too great and their handheld stuff doing well. That and it makes sense as to why it wouldn't be as powerful and stuff. Like a handheld system witha TV dock and controllers would work I think, or something.. Idk I think is be done with that.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/3/5374252/nintendo-next-console-handheld-integrated-development-platform-satoru-iwata

Kinda read too much into this so that's why I think it'll be a hybrid of console and handheld.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

One thing is for sure the nx won't be powerfull, We were told that system specs did not mean a thing and that its all about the games. When nintendo tells you specs don't matter it sounds mor like an exscuse for nx too be weak beacuse as we all know the games are the only thing that matters.

It's going to be AT LEAST as powerful as the PS4, it has to be.

But I do think, if the rumor about them going back to cartridges is true, it's going to be GREAT for gamers.

Cartridge based tech has come a LONG, long, way since the old days.

To the point where a cartridge based console could easily have a massive preference boost.

Imagine less loading times, no fucking 'install for an hour' pre-install crap.

<3

Actually there were rumors saying that it's weaker than the PS4. Since this is Nintendo I believe it. NX will likely be extremely underpowered compared to the upcoming Neo and Scorpio. So it will definitely disappoint in terms of power. But I'm hoping I'm wrong.

As for cartridges I'm interested to see how it's going to be handled.

The Scorpio feels too much like the New 3DS, but maybe even worse.

This idea that you NEED a 4k TV to have it be of any use...blah.

How is the scorpio the "new 3ds"

And you don't need a 4k tv. The scorpio will be mor powerfull and will have higher settings ingame, and it's still 1080p upscaled too 4k that your tv can just downscale again. 

18 hours ago, Moar-Chan said:

How is the scorpio the "new 3ds"

And you don't need a 4k tv. The scorpio will be mor powerfull and will have higher settings ingame, and it's still 1080p upscaled too 4k that your tv can just downscale again. 

Last thing I read, according to the MS guy, the Scorpio is '4k with HDMI 2.0a only'.

It just 'feels' like the shit SEGA pulled back in the day.

A '.5' version of a current consoles that makes more work for developers while fracturing the base.

Only reason I'm not bitching about the PS4 NEO is that I haven't seen a damn thing about it.

But, yeah, just not getting good 'vibes' from this *Console* 1.5 trend.