Games You Can Get For FREE Right Now!

Bardon

THREAD RULES:

- This thread DOES NOT include games which are:

•  Free to Play
  •  BETA releases

Paid Games available under any offer "FOR FREE", should be the ONLY ones mentioned in this thread.

------------------------------------------------------

There are games that have a price-tag on Steam/Origin/Other DRMs but sometimes, from somewhere, you can get them for free. This thread keeps track on those free giveaways.

dw3le0.jpg

Commando Jack (Steam)
Giveaway by: IndieGala

Syndicate (Origin)
A part of Origin - On the House giveaways.

Dead Bits (Steam)
Join the WGN Chat Steam group to redeem a copy.

TitanFall Season Pass (Origin)

Promotional zero pricing on Origin Store.

Pixel Puzzles: Japan (Steam)

Giveaway by IndieGala

2uftwug.jpg

N/A

Credits:

N/A

Edited by Bardon
  • Like 2

Solid idea, i like this thread :D

Origin is a good place to keep an eye on for free games as every now and then they often throw games up 'on the house'

i managed to score BF3, Dead space, Plants vs zombies, syndicate and sim city for free but sometimes the offer is only valid for a few weeks

• Like 1

I remember back when Origin were giving away Dragon Age: Origins for free! That was a little bit before Dragon Age: Inquisition came out, I think...

Origin are pretty good for free content. On the other hand you have to buy most things at very high prices...!

Still, this isn't a thread about ripping on Origin or my empty wallet.

Free games are the best kind! I remember when Humble Bundle gave away some free games, too...

That funny moment when you realize that half of your gaming library consists of freebies and give-aways on steam. xD

Though some of em involved really ridiculous methods in acquiring.

Case in point:

• Xcom: Enemy Unknown
  • Vanguard Princess: Director's cut

These 2 were being handed out through separate yet similar campaigns sponsored by Playfire and it was NUTS! :beat_brick:  Both games required making 3 fresh accounts (email, steam, playfire) and linking them together to prove you've completed the "hurdle" of newly joining their community. Meaning the existing members got nothing other than being forced to flood their site's servers with a mountain of dummy accounts. >.>

• Like 1

XCOM has also been "free" previously through GMG as a participation reward for an annual gaming awards vote as well. The year before that it was the base game of Civilization V.

But yes, one can get their hands on a number of things free... though its far more likely you can get your hands on stuff thats really nice for that $5-10 range when certain bundles and combo offers show up. Honestly, probably a full third of my Steam library is from bundle deals in one way or another.

Then there are also those insanely short window of opportunity items like how GoG had RoTT (2013) available for free in two blocks of 30K a couple weeks ago. That was literally GONE within three hours.

XCOM has also been "free" previously through GMG as a participation reward for an annual gaming awards vote as well.

FYI both GMG and Playfire are actually the same people. When I mentioned XCOM, I was talking about the annual gaming awards as well. :P

I thought about updating the thread with sales too but then figured just keeping track of rare freebies themselves is more specific and to the point.