Ever since I saw remake anime 2012 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure last year

Guillermo31

I like it and man the voice actor who plays aokiji from one piece and he voices dio in Jojo's bizarre adventure 2012 anime now all of sudden now I want to buy manga of it but damn that's lot of manga volumes how many there volumes are there in English ?

Edited by Guillermo31

Great anime and manga man. Welcome to JoJo! If you'd like to buy the manga, then Viz initially only licensed Part 3 because that was apparently the most popular. Then recently they decided to actually start from the beginning, so the first volume of Part 1 is out now as well and ongoing by Viz. Hopefully they continue and we'lll eventually have all of it officially translated. They currently have the license for the first 3 parts now.

However, for the parts that don't have an official translation (Parts 4-8), you can always read them online or download them from various places. Bakabt has them of course. Many groups are redoing some parts as well.

So to properly answer your question, 1 volume out of 5 volumes are out for in english for Part 1. None yet (but will happen due to Viz getting the licenses) for Part 2. 16 out of 16 volumes for Part 3. Part 4-8 are not licensed.

If someday Viz gets up-to-date then there are 113 volumes of JoJo (as of now).

My question is that did viz edited some bloody fight and death scenes? And my one of good friends told me that viz edited some scenes in the claymore manga which I don't know which ones.

What? You NEVER asked that! You just asked that now. Your question was just about how many volumes there are in english and that you wanted to buy said volumes. I'll quote you:

I like it and man the voice actor who plays aokiji from one piece and he voices dio in Jojo's bizarre adventure 2012 anime now all of sudden now I want to buy manga of it but damn that's lot of manga volumes how many there volumes are there in English ?

The title also only says "Ever since I saw remake anime 2012 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure last year".

:misdoubt:

Anyway...

To answer this new question, NO, Viz did not censor JoJo. The translation and everything are fine too.

P.S. Sorry for sounding a bit rude, it just confused me is all. :waaaht:

I just happened to see a PS3 game based on this series at my local Gamestop. I was quite shocked.

Was it JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle? That game is pretty fun, played it at a friend's house. It features Parts 1-8 which is crazy cool so there are loads of characters to choose from.

I just happened to see a PS3 game based on this series at my local Gamestop. I was quite shocked.

Was it JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle? That game is pretty fun, played it at a friend's house. It features Parts 1-8 which is crazy cool so there are loads of characters to choose from.

Yes I believe that was the one. I hadn't heard of this series until I read this thread and now I feel like I should look into it.

• 2 months later...

Damn that's awesome phantom blood part 1 2,3 are hardcovers which is great no offense to paperback ones

This is probablly too late but there are 2 things edited in Viz's edition of part 3

1. The book Dio is reading

2. The building destroyed in the final fight

not censoring or anything story altering.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma