Visual Novel Demo Creation

SoultakerSpirit

I am in the process of learning Ren'Py and created a small demo of a visual novel. Not much story and whatnot, just something to get me started. If anyone is interrested and know's Ren'Py and wants to create a visual novel. Just let me know.

People that I am looking for:

Graphics

Storyteller

Python coder

I will share a demo to those who would like to help. You may even PM me.

HotD_Demo_zpshrsqwy9t.jpg

Edited by SoultakerSpirit

I've dabbed around using Ren'Py 6.16 but I've never created anything close to a full game, mainly because I don't have any arthritis skills and I couldn't get some of the ideas I wanted to work, but nevertheless I have experience with java (no thanks to my university games course). In my creation I made it possible so you could select a Male or Female character where the game branched off into two individual stories that would clash in the middle. I then allowed the user to input your own name with a maximum of 20 characters, the idea behind my creation was the Male experienced a recurring nightmare, where the Female experienced normal dreams. I then continued to have three possible selections at each playable scenario with somewhat random outcomes (This never worked well). I was also able to have the images (Petals) fall across the screen for the rain effect and have videos play. That's about the extend of my dabbing.      

I like the idea of unlockables, sadly I've never tried it myself so I cant really help you out. I wanted to have a mini point and click aspect to my game but I could never get the image mapping correct the coordinates never matched even after using the pinpoint cursor. I'm not sure how much I can help if any but I'll gladly help you on anything I've done and got working.     

That's good to hear, to be honest I never really put that much effort into make anything, I always just used images from goggle and never created any art myself. So it kinda died dead in the water, but I did find a copy of my old script that I saved into a word document, I just uploaded it to Google drive. so feel free to have a look https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwveyHcXhcmjelRMU3VkZzFTNWc/view?usp=sharing

• 2 months later...

Would anyone like to write out the questions for the game? They must be about the 7 main charactors from Highschool of the Dead. If you are willing to help on that, you will recieve credit on the credit screen. I already have someone helping me with images when I am needing them. I can't write the questions and answers cause I am busy programming the game.

• 6 months later...