Toonami schedule reduced!! Adult Swim going back to ANIME HATING tendencies?

CardGames

Read the following first:

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/169636/20150129/toonami-kill-la-kill-ratings.htm

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/01/27-1/kill-la-kill-slotted-into-a-further-reduced-toonami-schedule

Look... I'm not surprised. Really. I'm not.

I tend to have a controversial opinion about a lot of things. This is obviously one of them.

The fact of the matter is that THIS. IS. BULL SHIT.

They are going right back to how things were before. UTTER SHIT.

The only decent thing on Cartoon Network anymore is Toonami and they do THIS?!

YES. THIS IS GENIUS. BECAUSE EVERYTHING ON ADULT SWIM IS TOTALLY AMAZING.

^^^BTW I'M BEING SARCASTIC. IT'S THE STUPIDEST AND UNFUNNY SHIT I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

So yeah.

Adult Swim have gone back to their Stuart Snyder days of being ANIME HATERS.

GOOD JOB. THANKS FOR PROVING HOW STUPID YOU ALL REALLY ARE. YOU DUMBASS ASSHOLES.

:anger:

Edited by CardGames

Adult Swim is aware that a portion of their viewers want anime. HOWEVER this audience doesn't necessarily overlap with their live action/comedy audience, which is more consistent with ratings.

Adult Swim has continued to show anime on their network since their inception in 2001, because ignoring that demographic would mean losing viewers, AND because they like anime. HOWEVER when ratings go down, changes must be made. When ratings go up, the schedule changes again.

Adult swim is a late night channel. Toonami does not exist without [as], therefore it can not air during the day. Without [as], Toonami can not have mature/uncut programming.

6AmTvbn.jpg

6 1/2 hours is the longest Toonami has ever been. Who honestly watches it for that long? Most people only watch half, if that, so we aren't losing much. The biggest blow is obviously the 11:30 slot which would have been great for DBZ Kai.

(Below) See, look only 3 hrs. Shit was good back then, and we only needed 3 hrs. Right now we have 3 1/2. Thats even better.

NxvT39S.jpg

Finally, Adult Swim ran this bump back in 2011 on ACTN, it still pretty much applies today. A lot of those shows have been on toonami recently, or will be back in the future on rotation (FLCL and GITS for example)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp6IN-Xz9wI

"LATER"

There are plenty of shitty Western cartoons just as there are plenty of shitty anime. However they're not all like that.

Many adult swim shows are polarizing to viewers, such as "Tom Goes to the mayor". People either hate it or love it. Clearly it's subjective, but that experimental nature of [as] is why toonami is still on the air. They are willing to try new things, which is good. END.

Edited by Badman

They dont have to show anime on their network at all, and could easily run KOTH/American dad reruns instead. They've chosen to show anime every year since they started in 2001. Every other channel in the US has wiped anime from their network (unless they sell toys), so they at least like anime more than every other network on basic cable.

• Like 1

They dont have to show anime on their network at all, and could easily run KOTH/American dad reruns instead. They've chosen to show anime every year since they started in 2001. Every other channel in the US has wiped anime from their network (unless they sell toys), so they at least like anime more than every other network on basic cable.

Then they should show it from 11:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. on Saturdays

• 2 weeks later...

i do think they should show more anime

I heard they could had air mermaid melody but didn't so the people that dub it never release the dub

That sad as me and other was looking forward to the show.

They clearly went into more violent nothing like the hamtaro days on cartoon network.

(the kinder gentler anime doesn't seem to get dub much in this age)

(well beside pokemon and such so nothing really new)

This really isn't a discussion of whether or not Toonami should be around. CN/AS are very aware that not all anime watchers have interest in Toonami. But for people in their late teens and twenties who are watching TV on a saturday night, Toonami is a pretty popular option, and usually is #1 in that demographic. Thats all that matters