Eureka Seven DVD 07 - Special Edition (w/T-Shirt, CD, Manga) - $10.00

Eureka Seven DVD 08 - $3.00

Eureka Seven DVD 09 - $3.00

Eureka Seven DVD 10 - $3.00

Eureka Seven DVD 11 - $3.00

Eureka Seven DVD 12 - Special Edition (w/T-Shirt, CD, Manga) - $10.00

Gundam: Char's Counterattack - $14.49

Negima! DVD Box Set - Viridian Collection - $16.99

Why did you not buy the two collection sets for Eureka Seven, Koby?

You probably could have saved some money, especially on Amazon.

Why did you not buy the two collection sets for Eureka Seven, Koby?

You probably could have saved some money, especially on Amazon.

I prefer volumes whenever possible as I feel they take better care of the discs and aren't as flimsy. Plus I got the CD's, manga, and shirts with the volumes. I could have gotten the two for $3 but chose to get the special edition versions for the soundtracks and boxes for the volumes to go into.

As for prices the two box sets would have cost me around $50 to $65 depending on the seller and condition and they would have been used, otherwise for brand new it would have been around $70. The cases for the box set are the size of a normal dvd case, yet they cram 6 discs in there by overlapping discs with a flimsy slider in the center. I know this because my sister bought the box set instead.

As for the volumes, I could have gotten 3-12 for a total of $30, but instead got special editions of volumes 7 and 12 so it cost me $44, then you add volumes 1 and 2 and I only ended up spending about $52. So in the end it was about the same price, maybe a little cheaper, yet I got extras and my discs are stored in separate cases which will be better off.

Not to mention the fact that aside from volumes 1 and 2 which I had to get on Amazon since RightStuf didn't have volume 1 and they were sold out of volume 2, my volumes 3 through 12 are brand new. So that is an extra plus.

I prefer volumes whenever possible as I feel they take better care of the discs and aren't as flimsy. Plus I got the CD's, manga, and shirts with the volumes. I could have gotten the two for $3 but chose to get the special edition versions for the soundtracks and boxes for the volumes to go into.

As for prices the two box sets would have cost me around $50 to $65 depending on the seller and condition and they would have been used, otherwise for brand new it would have been around $70. The cases for the box set are the size of a normal dvd case, yet they cram 6 discs in there by overlapping discs with a flimsy slider in the center. I know this because my sister bought the box set instead.

As for the volumes, I could have gotten 3-12 for a total of $30, but instead got special editions of volumes 7 and 12 so it cost me $44, then you add volumes 1 and 2 and I only ended up spending about $52. So in the end it was about the same price, maybe a little cheaper, yet I got extras and my discs are stored in separate cases which will be better off.

Not to mention the fact that aside from volumes 1 and 2 which I had to get on Amazon since RightStuf didn't have volume 1 and they were sold out of volume 2, my volumes 3 through 12 are brand new. So that is an extra plus.

I prefer saving storage space over price, but that's just me I guess.

I prefer saving storage space over price, but that's just me I guess.

Well I got 4 shelves. One for Anime & Video Games, another for TV Shows & Movies, another for old VHS Tapes & Burnt DVD's, and the last one for Books and Disney VHS Tapes. So shelving isn't really a problem but rather a lack of room in my bedroom due to all the shelves. One is in my closet, lol. I don't really go for volumes a whole lot since usually they are way more costly, but when there is a bargain like that, I'd go for volumes over the sets. Like I said, they are better for the discs, and plus resale value is a lot higher for the full-volume sets vs. the box-sets.

I only recently started purchasing anime... So I'll list everything I bought so far, considering it's only been a couple months... and I really haven't purchsed alot...

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing DVD's 1-10

The prices vary but since I bought them locally I didn't have to pay shipping and it only ran me about $50 Plus they look like they never been used!

Negima! Viridian collection - $don't remember

Evangelion: 1.11- $16

Negima!? Spring and Summer Specials -$4

SoulEater Part 1 - $20

SoulEater Part 2 - $20

Trigun collection - $23

Fullmetal Alchemist Season 1 and 2 - Around $40 or $50 altogether, don't remember...

FMA: the conqueror of Shamballa - $5

Gurren Lagaan Anime legends - $33.99

FullMetal Panic! TSR - $15

And I pre-ordered Evangelion 2.22 for $12.99 on Amazon!

Edit:

I had bought a couple others at the local shop, but there were issues and they had to be returned...

I found Stardust Memory for $5 but the first disc was cracked... and I found Darker than Black for $7 but it was a Bootleg stuffed in the retail box... grr!

Well I got 4 shelves. One for Anime & Video Games, another for TV Shows & Movies, another for old VHS Tapes & Burnt DVD's, and the last one for Books and Disney VHS Tapes. So shelving isn't really a problem but rather a lack of room in my bedroom due to all the shelves. One is in my closet, lol. I don't really go for volumes a whole lot since usually they are way more costly, but when there is a bargain like that, I'd go for volumes over the sets. Like I said, they are better for the discs, and plus resale value is a lot higher for the full-volume sets vs. the box-sets.

I don't even have a shelf for my anime, I just have them stacked on top of each other by the TV xD.

• 3 weeks later...