Recent Anime Purchases?

Kid Ryan

• 1 year later...

Got the Shiki S.A.V.E version a bout a week ago.

Holy Crap the cover is ugly.

So i'll have to edit and print out a new cover.

But ithe S.A.V.E comes with Blu-Ray and DVD and was much cheeper than the regualr Blu-Ray's i've found.

At the same time i bought the 2nd part of the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Collection.

So i now finally have the Complete FMA Brotherhood series.

The most recent anime purchases are (These have been bought between  Septmeberish and now

Attack on titan live action (got part 2 for Christmas)

A certain magical index Complete

A certain scientific railgun complete

Deadman Wonderland

Black Lagoon

Black Butler Book of Circus and Murder

Bleach

Blood Lad

Blood Blockade Battlefront

Burst Angel

Buso Renkin

Code Geass

Chaos head

Chrono Crusade

Death Note

Eden of the east

FMA Brotherhood parts 1-4

Fullmetal panic

Ghost in the shell Stand Alone Complex

Guilty Crown

Hellsing

Holy Knight

Mushishi

Nura Rise of the yokai clan

Psycho Pass complete 

Shiki

Trinity Blood

Soul Eater part 1

Solty rei

Steins;gate

Trinity Blood

Tsubasa ova collection

Clamp Double feature Tsuabsa and XXholic movie

X the movie

XXholic

Yuyu hakushu movies

and just ordered 

Death Note live action movies and Mushishi live action movie 

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got quite a few new series throughout December and some were just to upgrade from individual discs to complete collections. Here is  partial list:

Seraph of the End Part 1

Scrapped Princess  (had 4 individual releases)

Wolf's Rain (had all 7 individual releases)

Sword Art Online the movie, Ordinal Scale

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Seasons 1+2 collection

Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya and Nyoron! Churuya-san collection

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan

Love, Chuunibyou, and Other Delusions complete collection and the movie called Rikka Edition

I also got the Your Name LE last month and I bought the Food Wars CE from Sentai on sale and won a free CE from them with their contest and chose the Haikyu! Season 1 CE

My recent anime purchases after the last time i posted are:

Limted/Collectors Editions: Akame ga Kill, Darker than Black season 2 , Fruits Basket, Is this a Zombie S 1 & 2, Rosario & Vampire S1,  Sekerie 2: pure Engagement,  Brothers Conflict, C Control, K, K Return of Kings, Karneval, Noragami S1 & 2, Robotics Notes, seraph of the end, Soul Eater Not, 91 Days, Tales of Zestiria 

DVD: D.N Angel, Rosario & Vampire Capu 2, Sekerie: Complete Season 1, Kinos Journey (2003). Spiral, Blood + Vol 1-3, D gray Man Season 3 Part 1, Hetalia Season 6, Naruto uncut box sets 1-16, Naruto Ninja Clash in the land of snow, Guardians of the crescent moon kingdom, Mission protect the waterfall village, Legend of the stone of gelel, Naruto Shippuden Sets 1 & 2         

Blu-ray: Accel World,  Ajin Season 1, BlazBlue Alter Memory, Brynhildr in the Darkness ,Dance with devils, Divine Gate, Drifters, Elfen Lied, Escaflowne, Hellsing Ultimate, High School of the Dead, Inu X Boku Secret service, Joker game, Kamisama Kiss Season 1, Magical Warfare

, Majetsic Prince, Prince of Stride, Wolfs Rain, Wizard Barrister, K Missing Kings, From up on Poppy Hill, Grave of Firfles, Howls Moving Catsle, Spirited Away, Summer Wars, Tales of Vespira, and Wolf Children

and just ordered Endride Part 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Never really been one to buy anime merchandise of any kind (unless videogames count...) but I just recently bought my first like a week ago or so.

Bought the Dragon Ball GT Complete Series (DVD) along with the recently released (2/20) Dragon Ball Super Part 3 BD. (Namely wanted to try ripping myself. So I bought a DVD then a BD respectively to try both.)

Plan to buy up the rest of the DB series stuff when I get more money to do so. DB is one series I keep and don't delete, so would be nice to have my own backup. (I do also backup on my External HDD but I guess this makes double.) Might buy up some of my other favorites while I'm at it.

Also bought my first light novel, trying out the source for my #1 favorite anime, The Irregular at Magic High School. Slowly reading but I'm enjoying it thus far although I don't really care for the bit lengthy explanations here and there. Especially when it's a few pages just to explain whatever. Makes sure I'm definitely not out of the loop and wondering what's being referred to though, lol.

Edited by RyanEsau
Extra Info

2 hours ago, RyanEsau said:

Also bought my first light novel, trying out the source for my #1 favorite anime, The Irregular at Magic High School. Slowly reading but I'm enjoying it thus far although I don't really care for the bit lengthy explanations here and there. Especially when it's a few pages just to explain whatever. Makes sure I'm definitely not out of the loop and wondering what's being referred to though, lol.

That is the best thing about LNs that anime are based on. They go into detail about everything to make sure it makes sense. A lot of anime adaptations of LNs cut out or don't properly explain a lot of important details, which often give people the wrong impressions about anime adaptations for those who haven't read the LN. That is one of the major reasons why a lot of people complain about Sword Art Online, the details that were not included in the adaptation, which paints a false impression of the characters and events in the adaptations.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 2:57 PM, ragnawind said:

That is the best thing about LNs that anime are based on. They go into detail about everything to make sure it makes sense. A lot of anime adaptations of LNs cut out or don't properly explain a lot of important details, which often give people the wrong impressions about anime adaptations for those who haven't read the LN. That is one of the major reasons why a lot of people complain about Sword Art Online, the details that were not included in the adaptation, which paints a false impression of the characters and events in the adaptations.

Just finished another chapter yesterday. It doesn't particularly bother me (to the extent of putting me off) but I just don't really care for it in some cases. Some cases, I just want a simple/short explanation and not a page/few page explanation. Almost finished with the first volume now, so guess it's time to look into snagging the second volume :P Also tried like the first handful of chapters (manga) for Magika Swordsman and Summoner (Didn't buy. Read online to get a feel for the series). Ran over it as a amazon recommendation when adding the volumes of the irregular at magic high school to my amazon wishlist. I rather like it but I'll probably be getting much later than the down line. Although the story kinda left me curious... maybe I'll snag just one volume and read it slowly so by the time I finish my wallet will be a little fatter, lol.