PC Shooter & RPG Suggestions

StaticX

ok, so i'm looking for some pc shooters & rpgs that I would be interested in. I know about series like Bioshock, Half-life, ect... But I want suggestions on what people play.

I'd prefer simple shooters and not overly complicated, same with RPGs, I was looking into the Farcry series and I would like to know what others opinions are.

ok, so i'm looking for some pc shooters & rpgs that I would be interested in. I know about series like Bioshock, Half-life, ect... But I want suggestions on what people play.

I'd prefer simple shooters and not overly complicated, same with RPGs, I was looking into the Farcry series and I would like to know what others opinions are.

I like the Far Cry series. The Far Cry games are sequels in name only. So you do not need to play Far Cry 1,2, or 3 to play Far Cry 4.  In the Far Cry series 2-4 most of the missions don't have to be done in any particular order,  you collect stuff and do extra side missions for upgrades. In Far Cry 3 and 4 you hunt animals to collect their hides for upgrades like extra slots to carry medicine, weapons, to carry extra cash and etc.Also in Far Cry 3 and 4 You also gain something like experience points so you can learn other skills.

Rage.It is similar to Far Cry series in the since that is open sandbox, you can drive around,earn upgrades, unlock and buy ammo and weapons.Its a post Apocalyptic shooter game.It kind of looks like Mad Max,Border Lands or if you took most the RPG elements out of Fallout 3.

I enjoyed the single player modes Call of Duty Modern Warfare series, with Modern Warfare 2 being my favorite.I also enjoyed the single player of the Call of Duty World at War and black Ops series.I loved Battlefield Bad Company 2 single player and Battlefield 3 and 4. There are a diverse amount of weapons in this game with different attachments.Some weapons have only iron sights, some have a grenade launch or shot gun attachment, or different scopes. If you don't like the weapon the game gives you you can generally take a fallen enemy's weapon. Battlefield series there are various weapon crates where you can trade out weapons you previously got in past missions and from enemy solders. The only downside to those games is that they mostly seem to cater to the multiplayer crow.So the single player games are short compared to the Sniper Ghost Warrior series, Crysis Series, Sniper Elite Series.So if you don't like multiplayer then you shouldn't get the games utill they hit the $19.99 or less shelf unless you are a die hard fan and don't mind spending 50 plus bucks on the new games or illegal download.  

I enjoyed the hell of the Crysis series.IN this series you got a suit that gives you temporary cloaking ability,super strength and speed and armor abilities. Some missions you are killing humans and other missions you are killing aliens. IN Crysis 2 and 3 you can collect things from aliens that go towards upgrades.The weapons are not as diverse as compared to Far Cry,Call of Duty or Battlefield or some of the other shooters. You pretty much have one type of assault weapon, one type of hand gun, one type of machine gun and so on.You do get upgrades like scopes, silencers and etc that you can turn off and on.Many parts you want to be stealthy and other parts you want to go out blasting.

Sniper Ghost Warrior series .These being a sniper 1st person shooter game means this is mostly a stealth game.The only weapons you can generally pickup are other sniper rifles although I think some missions you might be able to have an assault weapon.Many missions you do a lot of low crawling.When you shoot someone it does this thing called a bullet cam.It shows the bullet leaving your weapon and hitting your target.Even though looks cool it can sometimes be annoying if you are trying to do one shot after another.

Sniper Elite V2.This takes place in WWII. I haven't played 3 year.Like Sniper Ghost Warrior you have to rely on stealth. So you are doing a lot of low crawling and sneaking around.Like Sniper Ghost Warrior series it has a bullet cam.But it kind of shows an x-ray.So you shoot someone in their head it shows like a x-ray of those and bones and or tissue being damaged.This game is a 3rd person shooter while sniper ghost warrior is a 1st person shooter.

Ghost Recon Future Soldier is a good.Its similar to the Call of Duty Battlefield and and a little bit of the invisibility suit like in the Crysis series.  You do have diverse weapons like in the Call of Duty and Battlefield series.But you can also earn upgrades and other weapons by completing certain tasks,missions or conditions in the game.Unlike the other games you have more control over your squad mates.This game is longer than the games in the Call of Duty and Battlefield series.

Homefront.The controls in this game can be awkward.But once you get used to them it pretty much similar to Call of Duty,Battlefield or any other game.Basically in this game the North Koreans have taken over and you are fighting in the resistance.There are diverse weapons.

Spec Ops: The Line.Similar to the other shooters.Diverse weapons and great story.

Binary Domain.This is a very underrated game,so I do not think it will have a sequel.The controls take bit getting used to. Compared to the other shooters you have greater control over your squad mates. Changing the control buttons are must if you don't like the layout. In this game you can use a microphone or buttons on the keyboard to control your squad mates. You earn cash and points for upgrades and ammo.In some missions you can select your squad-mates. The plot is very similar to the anime Vexille.

F.E.A.R. series.If you took Call of Duty or Battlefield, threw in some horror elements and added a few special abilities then this is what you get. I liked the 3rd game better than the first two.IN the first game the levels seem repetitive with it mostly seeming to take place in a office building.The 2nd game breaks that mold a little but it is still a little repetitive. In the third game the there are offices, but there are backyards, warehouses, and etc. Some people didn't like the 3rd game.

Wolfenstein The New Order. It is a science fiction first person shooter that has a 1940s or 1950s retro look to it.Like if the game was made in the 1940s and 1950s but with today's graphics.Like Crysis the weapons are pretty much standardize.You only have one kind of pistol,assault weapon,machine gun,shotgun, and etc. In the missions you can work your way up to dual wield weapons and you pretty much have to find your other weapons in each mission. The graphics are amazing in this game.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just beat Deus Ex Human Revolution a week ago. While i dont think this game is particularly great, but the stealthy gameplay plus rpg element to customize ability and freedom to complete quest in different ways do made this game unique.

It's definitely worth to try if you looking for something refreshing/different fps.