Should we reopen the RP section?

Renzourin

Do you think we should reopen the RP section?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should reopen the RP section?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

But aren't there already some yaoi fans here? I've seen some posts in a "certain" section that suggests this. I may have just misunderstood though.

I'm referring to yaoi "obsessed", fans. You know, the people who turn everything into yaoi? They tend to be the ones that ruin RPing for me. Not because I hate guy on guy, but because their mentality about it is so ridiculous. Take a look in Gaia Online's role playing forum and take a peek at all the yaoi RPs and you'll see what I mean.

I doubt it would EVER get that bad, but those are the kind of people I hope to avoid on forums simply because they tend to bring their immaturity and preteen drama with them.

I've never been to gaia but I've been to other places that have what you're talking about and I agree that those scenarios are a big turnoff, a good role play should be about something imaginative that would cause you to think in a creative sense and actually require some intelligent effort, not some big sexcapade where sexually deprived people bent or straight come to vent(there are streaming sites for that), I mean sexual content/ romance is unavoidable in most good stories but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed.So my opinion is that once a theme is set and everyone sticks to it accordingly then it should be fine, if someone is incapable of doing that much then he probably shouldn't be there in the first place. This really could work but some ground rules just need to be set, after that it all depends on the common sense of the participants. Just my slightly biased opinion though.

I've never been to gaia but I've been to other places that have what you're talking about and I agree that those scenarios are a big turnoff, a good role play should be about something imaginative that would cause you to think in a creative sense and actually require some intelligent effort, not some big sexcapade where sexually deprived people bent or straight come to vent(there are streaming sites for that), I mean sexual content/ romance is unavoidable in most good stories but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed.So my opinion is that once a theme is set and everyone sticks to it accordingly then it should be fine, if someone is incapable of doing that much then he probably shouldn't be there in the first place. This really could work but some ground rules just need to be set, after that it all depends on the common sense of the participants. Just my slightly biased opinion though.

I would approve of it as long as we have some definite ground rules.

Sounds good to me, if this were to happen I would still not participate but would also not be against it either.

In the past we never had any romance or anything in the roleplays such as yaoi, or anything to do with genders really. We had battle style roleplays and we had slice of fantasy life style roleplays. It didn't really ever go further than that, but we still had over 100,000 posts (no didn't mistype or add any extra 0's) in our roleplay section alone on the older forum.

As someone can see by clicking here: http://forums.kametsu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

On this version of the forum, the roleplay section met it's end very soon with only a little over 1,000 posts and only a handful of roleplay topics.

Take a look at it to see what it's like if you haven't before.. The Border of Hell might be the best topic to look into, although it was the 3rd time that roleplay was done, so it's nothing like it was originally.. Blame hackers and corrupt databases for the various restarts of the forum back when we had the outdated free version of Invision Power Board (IPB). No such cases have happened since paying for vBulletin, thankfully.

As I said before, I fully support the re-opening of it, but I want to make sure it will actually be used by a lot of people and not just neglected or used when it first open then quickly die.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes 12 66.67%

No 4 22.22%

Maybe 2 11.11%

Not as big of a turn out as I was hoping. Would have liked to seen more people voice their opinion on this. 18 people voted, and only 4 were against it, 2 might be interested, and 12 wanted to see it.

So I guess it won't hurt to test it out and see how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey people,

As a forum based rper *ducks for cover*, I will say something out of the last 2 years I have been doing it, I have not met one Yaoi obessed roleplayer. Furthermore, if you make it clear what the ground rules are and what the consquences are it will stop these sorts of people becoming common

Empathy

Hey people,

As a forum based rper *ducks for cover*, I will say something out of the last 2 years I have been doing it, I have not met one Yaoi obessed roleplayer. Furthermore, if you make it clear what the ground rules are and what the consquences are it will stop these sorts of people becoming common

Empathy

Nicely said.

I go with empathy on this.

Bring it back.

• 1 month later...