Fantasy Life

Apollo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_Life

Anyone else playing Fantasy Life for 3DS? I'm pretty obsessed with it right now! It's like a weird mix of Rune Factory and Animal Crossing. Sorta.

The art style is so cute and colorful, and the writing is pretty clever and hilarious. There is a storyline, but the real charm in this game is the super-casual Life system, where you can be whatever you want to be and live your in-game life anyway you feel like it. There are 12 Life classes, and you can freely switch between them all you want (as long as it's not in the middle of a story-related quest). Wanna fish all day? Go ahead. Wanna just run around and chop down trees? Why not? Wanna adventure around the world just slaying monsters? Sure! The cool thing about this game is that you could potentially go through the whole thing never fighting anything. You can do as much or as little combat as you see fit. Which suits a large variety of people's play styles.

I started off as a Wizard (a combat class), did that for a while, switched to Alchemist (a crafting class), did that for a while, and now I just started my Life as a Miner (a gathering class). Every now and then, I continue the storyline, but the real fun is in the Life class quests.

Anyway, if anyone's playing, I'd be happy to exchange friend codes! :3