Live Action Evangelion?

Azrael

(I am sorry if this doesn't belong here.)

Yay! I found a link that talks about why its slow on coming out.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-02-04/producer/live-action-evangelion-project-still-active

I had a anime magazine that talk about a live action evangelion movie,(Lost it long ago. T_T) and I was wanting to know if anyone knows if its still on?

gdnYPmd0lgs

I don't think it would be so great. I have yet to see a anime/video game to movie adaption that didn't hit the ground hard. It cannot really be done successfully.

In the case of Evangelion, you are trying to take around 20 hours of story that has already been produced, and cram it into 3 or less? It's possible they can make multiple movies of this and turn it into a series of sorts. Or they could be honest with themselves and claim it to be a live action adaption that is no more than a "summary" of the anime. People wouldn't criticize them so hard if they admitted to that.

And yes, it will look cool to see it all in a "live adaption". But chances are, they are going to be leaving out 70% of the content of the anime that made it great.

I don't think it would be so great. I have yet to see a anime/video game to movie adaption that didn't hit the ground hard. It cannot really be done successfully.

In the case of Evangelion, you are trying to take around 20 hours of story that has already been produced, and cram it into 3 or less? It's possible they can make multiple movies of this and turn it into a series of sorts. Or they could be honest with themselves and claim it to be a live action adaption that is no more than a "summary" of the anime. People wouldn't criticize them so hard if they admitted to that.

And yes, it will look cool to see it all in a "live adaption". But chances are, they are going to be leaving out 70% of the content of the anime that made it great.

I agree with you somewhat, I though the live action death note was great. ( Maybe I like it because it was live action, eh...) As how the movie would be made, I don't really care if its a filler/side story/all of it cram in to 2-3. To me it would still be worth a watch.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A live action Eva movie will probably never happen. For good reason: there's no way to make it appealing both to the current fans and the people who've never heard of it. Either they make a film condensing most of the story into a 2.5-3 hour movie that will confuse the hell out of new viewers and disappoint current fans. Or, they have to create something completely original that might affect new viewer opinions since they won't have previous knowledge of the series, which could create a ton of confusion.

Short and simple, Eva needs to stick to the original series and the reboots. A live action Eva is almost all but doomed to failure.

• 2 weeks later...

it is possible. But it must be an U.S. movies, because i do not think Asia Entertainment world is not capable yet. U.S. movie entertainment world has all the equipment and their special effect are top notches. For example, Avatar, and Transformers. Also, acting is very important too.